DC

Good bakery to get wedding cake in DC area?

Hi everyone,

I am searching for a good wedding cake bakery in the NOVA/MD/DC area. I am considering Edibles Incredible in Reston; I think their cakes are very good and affordable. I have heard mixed things about their customer service based on web reviews, but two of my friends got their wedding cakes there and were very happy with them.

I was wondering if anyone has other recommendations though. I live in NOVA but my wedding is in MD so I am open to bakeries in either state.

I checked out Charm City Cakes in Baltimore (my aunt got her cake there and it was SO GOOD!), but their cakes start at $7-$15 per slice which is just way more than I would like to spend on a cake.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks~~

Re: Good bakery to get wedding cake in DC area?

• edited December 2011

We did ours through Cakes by Happy Eatery.  They are in Centreville and Gainsville.  We had cupcakes, so we had a selection of Red Velvet/Vanilla Icing, Chocolate/Chocolate icing, Vanilla w/rasberry filling/vanilla icing, chocolate w/ bolvarian cream and vanilla w/ bolvarian cream filling (our top teir was this as a cake).  We also had them do the rehearsal dinner cake, which was vanilla w/ strawberry filling and a very intricate design. 

The cakes were wonderful, and not too heavy or sweet, and they were an absolute dream to work with :).  And they were pretty inexpensive.  Also, as a selling point (for us anyway) on the one year anniversary, they make a replica of the top teir for free, so you don't have to save the slice for a year. 

Also, you can schedule a free tasting with them, where they will walk you through the options they have.  If you have any questions, let me know. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kdecknickdecknic member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting ours from Amphora Bakery in Herndon. I've seen mixed reviews on them but they were really affordable and had amazing tasting cakes. My bridal shower cake was from Victoria's in old town Fairfax and it was amazing too, so I feel like you couldn't go wrong with either of those.
  • t3grayt3gray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakes Plus in Laurel, MD
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Margie at Artistic Cake Creations.  Although she is based in WV, her cakes (even including delivery charges) tend to be less expensive than bakeries in this area, and her reviews are excellent.
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Victoria's Cakery in Fairfax City.  I recomend Heaven or Alound Pound Cake, both very yummy.  The price per person starts at $2.25 and goes up depending on decoration.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using ...

Oh, What a Cake!
    6656 Dobbin Road, Suite K |
    Columbia | MD | 21045
    Marcia Thibodo, Owner
    www.ohwhatacake.com">www.ohwhatacake.com
    (410) 381-3131
    email: contactus@ohwhatacake.com

I've referred another Knottie to her as well (they're getting a groom's cake and a wedding cake!).  If you decide to call her, let her know I sent you.  Good luck!
  • mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fluffy Thoughts Bakery in McLean was fantastic.
  • bailey1973bailey1973 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cake will be made by Sugarbakers. Our tasting is next Friday so I will update everyone on how the cakes taste!
  • bailey1973bailey1973 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok update, not going with Sugarbakers anymore, going with CakesbyLeslie in Bethseda, MD will update everyone after the tasting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards