Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Alterations

I just bought my dress from Catan's and because the sample fit almost perfectly I bought the one right off the shelf. I'm afraid to take my dress somewhere else for alterations but Catan's seems very pricey when all I really need to do is add a bustle and have the top taken in a little bit. Does anyone have any experience with getting their wedding dress altered somewhere else in the Cleveland area or any experiences with Catan's? I'm not sure what to do...

Re: Alterations

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Give a call to Denise at Julianne's Bridal Outlet in Olmsted Falls. She will work on any dress from any shop. Her prices are VERY reasonable and she does excellent work. She altered my wedding dress (purchased at Julianne's) but also did a BM dress for me (from Catan) a year after my wedding. 2 of my bridesmaids (gowns were from David's) used her and loved her work, too. Highly recommend Denise! BTW, I had minimal alterations (hem/bustle adjusted, top taken in, cups/straps added) to my wedding dress and alts were around $65, IIRC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sunjray82sunjray82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try Zula's Tailoring in Brunswick....she does an amazing job. 

• Options
    edited December 2011

Catan's Alterations is very hard to work with. Try Minka's Tailoring Strongsville - she is very nice, and flexible, and affordable!

I have heard many good things about Julianne's in Olmsted Falls, but I did not have a good experience there. The ower was rude, and pushy.

• Options
    hamulakahamulaka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I will definitely look into them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem...I ordered my dress from Catan's Fashions in July and it came in last month; I went for my first fitting and the dress was much more snug then I thought it should be when I wore my mermaid slip with my dress; I felt that the staff was not very helpful...and the crazy thing about it all is that my measurements were the exact same from when I ordered my dress in July.

Im going to go with Olga in Parma Heights; A bridal Extravaganza; she has a website and she's very friendly and affordable; a friend of mine that got married last year used her, as well as her bridesmaids!

She's going to be doing a few things for me!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards