Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Outdoor vs. Indoor at Tonawanda Castle

I am struggling with a decision between getting married outside at a botanical gardens and getting married in the parlor room in Tonawanda Castle. I'm hoping this post will find it's way to someone who is familiar with the castle. My considerations are:
Outside:
Pros: Spacious, already decorated, next to the water, what I've always dreamed of
Cons: Weather dependent, not managed by anyone so we would be responsible for renting chairs, organizing the ceremony, music, EVERYTHING!
Castle:
Pros: Beautiful decor, easier because we will be getting ready there and having the reception there, and a staff member will there to help direct us, and if the weather is bad then it is our back up plan anyway.
Cons: Maybe too small of a room? We might have 250 guests which might be a tight and sweaty fit! Not ideal for a ceremony!
If anyone has gotten married in the parlor room upstairs please let me know how many guests you had and how it went! Thank you!

Re: Outdoor vs. Indoor at Tonawanda Castle

• Options
    Are you considering the botanical gardens in lackawanna? I really like it there... I didn't care for the tonawanda castle at all... I felt like the parol room was way too tight... You might also want to consider the japenesse gardens in delaware park! A friend of mine got married at the japenesse gardens i really liked it! and thats also where my parents took their wedding pictures!! the botanical gardens in gorg too!! You can also do recipations there too
  • Options
    The Botanical Gardens that we're looking at is actually just a small site in North Tonawanda, I am going to call the Lackawanna one though because it seems like they have staff there whereas the other one doesn't. I know that the Lackawanna one is super popular so I bet it is already booked but it's worth a try!
    Thanks for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards