Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photo timeline questions

We're getting married and having the reception in the hotel ballroom where we, and most of our friends and family, will be staying.  I'm trying to work out the day-of timeline with photos and I'm getting nervous.

I was hoping to take photos with the BMs before the wedding to save time after, but I don't want my guests to see me before the wedding.  It was suggested to go to a local park, but I'm also worried about getting my dress crumpled in the car ride!

Am I just being to nervous?!  Any thoughts would help!

Re: Photo timeline questions

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had a hotel wedding where the OOT guests were.  My DH and I did a reveal where we saw each other and took all our photos beforehand.  I did not even consider the OOT guests seeing me--but we did run late and some of our actual guests saw me since they were coming to the hotel early because it has a very popular bar.

If we had done our photos where we originally planned however (outside terrace), it wouldn't have been an issue because that space was separate.  (Long story why we weren't able to.)  My suggestion would be to find a nice space at the hotel that would be suitable and allow plenty of time to get them done so no one sees you.  Your photographer or the hotel planner should be able to help you.  Having already been married, I can tell you that I would not have wanted to traipse over to a park just to take pictures.  On the other hand, outdoor shots are lovely and I still lament the fact that I don't have them.

Whatever you do, make sure you allow enough time because it was stressful when our guests started arriving and we were still downstairs taking pictures.  If being outside at a park is going to stress you out in any way (like worrying about your dress, etc.) then don't do it because it's not worth the stress.
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just make sure that the guest entrance was nowhere near where you are taking photos. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards