Just Engaged and Proposals

Show Off Your Rings Here!

Re: Show Off Your Rings Here!

• raquelm7raquelm7 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
     Been engaged for a week now =) on Feb. 4th 2013!

• leagfaulleagfaul member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Right after he proposed in NYC!
    All the stones are 1.5 ct. It has 35 diamonds in it - 13 on each side and 9 in the middle.  I am IN LOVE with this ring!  It's aboslutely gorgeous!

We're getting married October 18, 2014!
  • Antique 1ct diamond passed down from his grandmother, set in silver... perfection!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:f45d6b9e-4e85-4c78-b8c0-929774be8113">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Antique 1ct diamond passed down from his grandmother, set in silver... perfection!
    Posted by Danthedoor[/QUOTE]
    The ring is pretty but you should look into getting it reset into white gold, gold, or platinum.  Silver is a very flexible metal that bends over (a very short) period of time.  I'd hate for you to lose a diamond that means so much to you both.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:1b4eb3d6-515c-4a45-8f4d-8bdae9866d7d">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show off your ring! : The ring is pretty but you should look into getting it reset into white gold, gold, or platinum.  Silver is a very flexible metal that bends over (a very short) period of time.  I'd hate for you to lose a diamond that means so much to you both.
    Posted by annmarie714[/QUOTE]
    She mentioned in another post that she has allergies to metals, so silver was what was safe for her skin.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:ef482f81-f211-4d77-8106-a5402b8dcd5b">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show off your ring! : She mentioned in another post that she has allergies to metals, so silver was what was safe for her skin.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I'll be sure to read her entire post history before offering any help in the future. *eye roll* SIlver bends like crazy so it's a matter of time before she loses that special 1 ct. stone from his grandma.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • We got engaged on Valentine's Day. The ring is a .65 carat center stone in a halo setting by Gabriel & Co.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:8cfd636c-f199-4214-9a90-7784ad08e024">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show off your ring! : Oh, I'll be sure to read her entire post history before offering any help in the future. *eye roll* SIlver bends like crazy so it's a matter of time before she loses that special 1 ct. stone from his grandma.
    Posted by annmarie714[/QUOTE]

When she posted this picture, her engagement announcement post was the first post on the page. It was so difficult for me to find this information that was relevant to both your post and hers. So, so difficult.

Oh, and I'm so sure that the jeweler didn't mention this to them. And I'm sure that she thinks so little of the diamond that she's not going to keep a careful eye on the status of the metal holding it to the band.

So, so sure.

• Just got engaged!!! I can stop lurking and finally start posting :)

• Been engaged for a bit over9 months now.
    My fiancé picked out the ring on his own and surprised me with a week long trip to Paris the night before he proposed. He proposed shortly after we got to Paris in the Tuileries Gardens and then surprised me with a couples massage at the Rizt Carlton Paris the following morning.

The center stone is 2 carats with 4 diamonds on each side. The band is platinum. 

•  
    Got engaged in November.. the ring features a double infinity sign on both sides of the solitaire, with accent diamonds in the center of each loop :) Never thought I'd want a solitaire (loved the three-stone) But I'm totally smitten with my ring!
  • This ring was my Nana's engagement ring. The only thing was white gold added to band to fit. I could not tell you how old this ring is but 1 of 4 Jewelers would not touch it

• So glad I can finally post this! I have been engaged for months, but have had quite a few ring issues. FI and I picked it out together, and it is so perfect.
    Anniversary
  • I love my ring! It's really perfect for me.

Here's a pic from last night when my friend who is going to do my mendhi was practicing!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:05f6995c-327e-48d5-8e87-a6b73e4fc84a">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love my ring! It's really perfect for me. Here's a pic from last night when my friend who is going to do my mendhi was practicing!
    Posted by RM1982[/QUOTE]
    That mehndi is beautiful!! I'm considering having mehndi for our wedding.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:a71a87be-f754-4804-80e2-05d24aae6c09">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show off your ring! : That mehndi is beautiful!! I'm considering having mehndi for our wedding.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>I love mendhi! I highly recommend it :) I'm having a blended Hindu/Western wedding, so henna was a must!</div>
  • FI proposed on June 27, 2012, approximately 20 minutes after I passed my oral exam to advance to PhD candidacy.  He designed the ring himself - a pear-shaped central diamond flanked by our birthstones (garnet and amethyst).

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2-25-13 :)
    He picked it out all on his own! And I love it! <3

• edited March 2013

Fiance didn't want to pick out the ring himself once I told him I wanted a gemstone. Took me to see his cousin and we had it custom made. 1.82 carat pink tourmaline that looks dark pink... raspberry colour. 18 alternating black and white diamonds almost fully around set in platinum as I have allergies to the metals they mix gold with. Band will be the same except black will sit against white and vice versa to make it sort of like a checkerboard! I picked everything out separately and he wouldn't let me see the finished ring until he proposed. I love it!
  • My FI and I have been engaged since December 2011, but it took more than a year for me to find the ring I wanted. So thankful for my patient hubby to be! Going to look at wedding bands today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jlfesfjlfesf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    He proposed on 11/18/12 with his grandmother's ring. I love that it is unique and sentimental. I had wanted a vintage style ring and was so surprised that his mom had given him her mother's ring to give me. I just love it! 

Edited to add better pictures and fix size.
  • I've been engaged for almost a year now and never got around to actually posting the picture of my ring. So now that our wedding planning is actually starting and getting serious I figured this would be a good step to take.
    This is a custom white gold ring with a princess cut diamond in a bezel. The white gold is plated in rhodium to give it a sort of gunmetal color. There are three diamonds on each side of the ring that are prong set. Love it love it, did I mention I LOVE it?!

• Yaaay!!! My FI proposed at Disney with his mothers ring, she gave it to him right before our trip it was so sweet of her and such a cute ring too! <3 Engaged 02/14/2013

• My fiance proposed in the middle of Times Square after surprising me with a trip to NYC for my birthday. 
    It's a 1.5 carat total set with a round center stone and a double halo with a split band.
    The wedding band came with the set and its a pave set band.

• I waited 6 years for this bad boy!!! :)
    28th birthday suprise, I had NO idea. It was the 1st "holiday" that I was not expecting it!!

• Got engaged exactly a month ago 2/8/13 and will be getting married on 11/23/13.  He proposed on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC.  He picked it out by himself (although I think he took his mom with him).  I had told him I wanted a solitaire and this is what he picked!  It is a bezel set round stone in a full halo.

• Engaged on 2/14/13!
  • Finally engaged to the man of my dreams :)