Military Brides

Friend is deploying - going away present?

Hi ladies, I don't normally post on here but googling my question isn't really helping so I thought I'd come here!  My best friend's husband is deploying to Afghanistan sometime at the end of the month, and tomorrow she's having a little going away party.  I don't want to go empty-handed, but I'm not sure what to bring.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm not sure what he can & can't take with him when he deploys.  They've been together since we were like 13 & were both just in our wedding a few weeks ago, so I'd like it to be something nice, if possible.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friend is deploying - going away present?

• Does he have a kindle or one of those type things. I got my H a gift cards from amazon since he has a kindle. He could buy books and have them download to this kindle. 
  • I was also going to mention the Kindle thing.  I don't know what you're looking to spend, but if he doesn't have a Kindle you could get the most basic one for $79 for him.  That might be more than you're looking to spend though.

Honestly I would probably just bring something for the party, like a bottle of liquor or case of beer.  Or maybe a gift cert. for them to go to dinner before he leaves. Then send him a care package while he's gone with snacks and stuff.  You can only bring so much stuff with you, and most SM's I think would rather be surprised with a care package then bring stuff with them.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards