Massachusetts-Boston

Saphire estate reviews?

looking at the saphire estate for a wedding but heard it has an iffy reputation - anyone have any experience there?

Re: Saphire estate reviews?

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there in October.  It was nice.  The food was only ok.  Not great, but not bad.  The DJ that is included in their package was not good.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited December 2011
    I think a Knottie had a TERRIBLE exoperience there....think it was Ainslie?
  • edited December 2011
    I think Anyalee was married there.  I haven't noticed her on in awhile though.  I think there were a couple other girls that are getting married there that used to post.
    12/12/2009
  • edited December 2011
    We went to visit and met with one of the owners John Saphire. He totally put us off when he told us that he is often on the Knot lurking and posting. We found it too small inside and he was rather pushy about the menu. He told me we shouldn't have soup at our May wedding. Dude, if I am paying you and I want soup, I am getting soup. It's gorgeous outside in the courtyard etc. but we just weren't feeling it. I would go and make your own decision though!
  • abilifymeabilifyme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister considered that venue for her wedding, but also had some issue with the way she was spoken to by the owner (i.e. he was very arrogant and pushy). They ended up leaving before even looking at the whole place.
    "If I were your wedding, I'd be sleeping with one eye open... " - Bride Wars
  • edited December 2011
    I believe a bride on here had an issue with them demanding more money close to the wedding.  They are also on an episode of Bridezillas if you're interested.
  • nrsemcbnrsemcb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Villa next January~same owners. I have had no troubles so far.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Saphire in October. While we've only just started the planning, everyone has been really nice and helpful. I've e-mailed their coordinator about a dozen times and she always gets back to me quickly and answers all of my questions, silly as they may be. The place is great if you are looking for something a bit more relaxed and intimate for your wedding. We are going to a menu tasting on Monday, so I'll post about the food then!

Blueyed: we were thinking about using their DJ. What did you not like about it?

Also, I think it's important to know that they have just redone the place. I think this was a major overhaul in every area, so that's something to keep in mind.

Sarah
  • khill5986khill5986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies,

I went for a visit their with my best friend who is getting married and they told us they do not include a DJ in the package.

My friend has a family member who is a DJ and wants to use him because they are going to give a discount as a wedding gift. When we asked they told us that they would help with the vendors if we wanted them to but we were allowed to pick what ever vendors we wanted.

Hope that helps

-Kellie
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_saphire-estate-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:5ea578cc-a3ca-471d-87b1-d9a78d253f0aPost:97d61735-ca60-4e36-9ccb-25703d3018c7">Re: Saphire estate reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at the Saphire in October. While we've only just started the planning, everyone has been really nice and helpful. I've e-mailed their coordinator about a dozen times and she always gets back to me quickly and answers all of my questions, silly as they may be. The place is great if you are looking for something a bit more relaxed and intimate for your wedding. We are going to a menu tasting on Monday, so I'll post about the food then! <u>Blueyed : we were thinking about using their DJ. What did you not like about it?</u> Also, I think it's important to know that they have just redone the place. I think this was a major overhaul in every area, so that's something to keep in mind. Sarah
    Posted by slizio[/QUOTE]

He didnt really keep the crowd going.  Also, I only say it becasue it was my FI's cousins wedding and she hated him.  They never met before the wedding and he didnt do some things she asked him to do.

If you use him, I would insist on meeting him first and making sure you are on the same page about everything.

Her wedding had a bunch of really fun, young, people who loved to dance and wanted to, but he didnt keep up with them.

Let me add that the place was beautiful.  She also chose to do the cookies and milk table and it was a HUGE hit.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in June and have had no problems. No DJ was included in the package and the food is actually amazing. We just went for the tasting last week and was pleasantly surprised. Not that I thought it would be bad but I didn't think it would be THAT good. We are inviting 150 guests and will have plenty of room for tables and lots of dancing. I am working with Lauren who has been great if that helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards