Texas-Houston

Just introducing myself.My name is Leslie and I think we're planning a late 2012 wedding.

I can't wait to start planning but with a budget and 300+ guests its hard and thats how I found the knot! 

Congrats to everyone and happy planning!

P.S. I'm sure you ladies are more experienced then I so I'd love if you could point me in the direction of venues that can accommodate our high number of guests. 

Re: newbie

• akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Welcome. Good luck planning. 

We originally thought 300, but then we realized the sheer amount of money that would be and since we're paying for it ourselves, we decided to pour the money into a house. We cut the guest list ruthlessly until we got to a much more manageable 150.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, welcome and congratulations!  Tell us what kind of venue you're looking for (indoor/outdoor, classy hotel/country, etc) and we can help!
  • ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome to the houston board!!
  • leslie0214leslie0214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Thanks for the suggestion of cutting down the guest list. I just don't think its possible because everyone we are inviting is family except for about 20 friends. I tried cutting out children since they are almost 100 by themselves but then I realized that no one else would show up because everyone uses family to babysit. It's late I hope that sentence makes sense? lol

We want something classic and maybe outdoors, the only thing I know I don't want is a hotel, its just not my thing I guess :)

THanks Again!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations. I know what you mean about trying to cut the number of guests, especially when you have a number of those being kids. Ckeck out On-SITE Sitters owned by Cher Gray. With so many kids, you could have something separate for them like food and entertainment. It may help you cut down numbers and some costs at your reception.
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!  :)