African American Weddings

WHATS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?

I love to read especially when I need a mental getaway! But lately with wedding planning, working, and picking up other hobbies...I haven't had time to...Now I'm looking for a good book to read....i just ordered Hair Story:Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America.....so.....WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?

Re: WHATS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?

• edited December 2011
    I haven't read a book in a while. I used to love the black novels but then I grew tired of them so now I'm on to mystery and suspense.  I have 2 recommendations; The Blackbird Papers by Ian Smith and The Eleventh Hour by Catherine Coutler.
    Lovin Kimmie
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite book of all time is Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.  Right now I'm reading Assata An Autobiography and I'm kinda reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens a lil' bit too.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't read a book in a while other than my wedding planning book. Haven't really had time to but I am looking forward to reading The Conversations by Hill Harper. I heard it was really well written.
  • edited December 2011
    Its an old book but the best one I've ever read. Makes Me Wanna Holler by Nathan McCall
    Expecting our 16 year Dating Anniversary baby on 11/11/11! BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Shack by William P. Young - It's definitely a must read!!!
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if I can pick a favorite but one book that scared the bejesus out of me because it was so lifelike and events were happening for real was Parable of the Talents and Parable of the Sower by Ocatvia Butler.
  • edited December 2011
    Of all time would have to be Coldest Winter Ever. I read it 10 years ago and have not been moved to that extent since. Black Like Me was really good also.
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Coldest Winter Ever.... I also like anything from triple crown.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • ddyoungddyoung member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about favorite of all time but Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, The Coldest Winter Ever, The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey (can't think of her last name), A Prayer for Owen Meany by Wally Lamb (I Think), Eat Love Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert (these were just a few that I couldn't put down and read within a day or two lol)

Are you on goodreads.com? Right now I'm reading Don't Play in the Sun by Marita Golden.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the motion on "The Shack"....Excellent read!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards