Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

What are YOU doing!?

I'm confused about the ceremony songs & also the intro into the reception songs for both our bridal party and us..I got 2 weeks till the wedding! Ahh! LOL!

We are not doing anything tooooo traditional. The bridesmaids/groomsmen are going to walk down the aisle to either "Marry Me" by Train, "Angel" by Jack Johnson or "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel K. (Hawiian guy).  Also, while the guests are getting seated/ before the ceremony starts we are just going to play slower, cute, modern songs. 

The question is - What should everyone walk back down the aisle to/leave ceremony after "I DO's" and Kiss? I saw some good ideas like "I do" by Colbie Callait and "She's Got Whatever It Is" by Zac Brown, but I'm not sold yet. What are you doing or do you have any good ideas? (we do like country/pretty much everything)

Other question is for walking into the Reception/introduction songs....we want something fun!

Help?? :)

Re: What are YOU doing!?

• We're doing for the grand entrance into reception "Tonight's gonna be a good night" by Black Eyed Peas.

After ceremony is over and walking back down...I haven't decided yet either, but these are ones I'm considering "A moment like this" by Kelly Clarkson and "Beautiful Day" by U2. Colbie Caillat "I Do" was one of my choices also.

I'm having a tough time finding a song for mother/son dance. Do you know of any?
  • For the recessional, we used Rainbow Connection (this was last year before the newest Muppet Movie came out).

For the grand entrance, we used the Beatles "All you need is love"  We liked the trumpet fanfare that opens the song for our grand entrance. 
  • brittneykay11brittneykay11 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Thank you everyone! We picked the ceremony songs, now we just need the Reception entrance songs for both our party and Me and Him.

The mother/son songs that his mom picked is "The Dance" by Garth Brooks...I think it is kind of depressing. But whaaaatever. I wish I knew more...that one is hard because once you start to think that a song is good you hear something weird in it that should be for a couple.

If anyone thinks of more entrance songs, let me know :) I have 1 week!! AHHH
  • Reception entrance for bridal party I'm doing Flo Rida 'Club cant handle me'. And then for me and my fiance I'm doing 'Let it Rock'. I just wanted fun/fast songs that will get people pumped up. I also like Aerosmiths 'Walk This Way'.

• I am suggesting to my fiance "thank you for loving me" by BonJovi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards