Florida-South Florida

Where are you going on a honeymoon?

FI and I have been discussing where to go for our honeymoon but we have no idea where. Our wedding is in next September around this time. Any recommendations? Where are you all thinking of going?
October Siggy! Love the Groom's Expression! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Where are you going on a honeymoon?

• We did the Disney Cruise line. It was fabulous. Went to the carribean, to Disneys little private island and had a grea time. If you dont mind waiting a few weeks after the wedding for the honeymoon, I totally recommend going to Salem, Mass during mid October. You get to see the leaves change colors, get a real 'fall' experience and the Salem area has the copyright on Halloween stuff, which I really love!
  • We are going to Sandals Grande Antigua.  I cannot wait only a few more weeks!!

We also went to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica ast September and had a wonderful time.  I would definitely recommend going there.

I really all depends on why you are FI like.  If you want all inclusive, check out the caribbean.  If you like history, check out Europe.  If you want paradise, but not all-inclusive check out Hawaii.  You can always go to a travel agent, they can be a great help.  Before booking though, check out prices on the web, most TA's will match them.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We're getting married in December but taking our honeymoon in March (during spring break) and we're going to Paris & London
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • My wedding is November 10 and we're leaving at the crack of dawn the next morning to spend 10 days in Disney/Orlando. We got engaged at Disney and are ridiculous fans, so it was perfect for us.
    Some points to consider: Is there anywhere you and FI really want to go that you haven't been able to and/or wouldn't likely get a chance to go to for a long time? Do you have any passions that you could turn into your honeymoon?
    Also, consider not doing your honeymoon right after the wedding, but waiting a month or two when you do decide on a location until its a better time to visit is something that might be a good way to still get an awesome honeymoon, but avoid yucky weather.
  • I'm getting married on November 9 and we are leaving for our honeymoon on Sunday. We are going to Budapest, Vienna, and Prague and our back-up honeymoon is Vail, CO if we cannot do Europe. I would suggest check out places you both haven't visited and see when is their off-season or low-peaks. This will help you find reasonable airfare and hotel stays. Another good option is a cruise which is something I suggested to FI but he was not thrilled Undecided
  • Thanks all for your responses. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply back but I have been sick. I'm pretty open to go anywhere but the picky one is FI lol. He doesn't want to do the Caribbean or a cruise. Sucks because I really like cruises. The only cruise FI would be interested in is the Alaska cruise and I would love to do that one. The other option is Europe and I have never gone so it would be great to go.
    October Siggy! Love the Groom's Expression! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are getting married next April and we are going to Sandals Grande Riviera in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards