Missouri-Kansas City

Need help in multiple areas :)

I am getting married on 6/25/10 in Platte City, MO at the Basswood Resort in the Hall there. 1. My first question would be has anyone else been married there and have any input? I booked it for fairly cheap but have had some problems getting a hold of them to get table sizes for catering and about req. for bartender/alcohol so I wondered if anyone has had a good and/or bad experience there?2. I am trying to get silk flowers (purple hydrangeas and purple and black calla lilies) and was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to get some? I have tried Hobby Lobby and Michaels already. If anyone knows of anyplace online or local I would appreciate the help. 3. I am having real trouble finding an officiant that will come to my location so does anyone know any good and cheap officiant (non-denom) in the Platte City area?4. I need to start trying to see what is possible to do with my hair so I need to find a skilled but not too expensive hair person who has experience working with difficult curly hair. I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks.

Re: Need help in multiple areas :)

• edited December 2011
    I've never had a wedding at basswoods but have camped there many times. Last year we booked their big lodge for my kids bday party about two months in advance and paid our deposit. The day before the party we get a call from them saying they made s mistake and booked a family reunion in the lodge for the entire weekend and they were already there so couldn't make them leave. I was VERY upset!! A few calls back and forth, they offered to give us 3 cabins instead and a golf cart plus our money back! So they made up for it and the party was great but would of been better if it was in the lodge. Anyhow I would just keep in contact with them and make sure they know you booked and don't overbook the place. It's a really nice place and we still camp there. You will enjoy it! Good luck!!
  • kcmedstudentkcmedstudent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you got my post about the hair stylist since the new layout.  I use Courtney at Se Faire Belle; it's off 152 and North Oak.  I know she will travel to your widing site though.  She is awesome!!!  Tell her Brittnea sent you and you will get a discount for being a referral.  (just tell her med student from Texas and she will know who I am, don't want to put my lastname on here)

http://www.sefairebellesalon.com/store/Default.asp

816-436-5400.
  • momo09momo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have some good recs for officiant and hair!  E-mail me at triplm [at] hotmail [dot] com
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Platte City as well!  My wedding isn't until 9-25-10, but I am having a hard time finding a local stylist and make-up person, non-denominational officiant, etc, etc.  I'm also trying to plan this entire thing from Dallas, which doesn't help.  Please email me at angelshimareed @ yahoo [dot] com. with any info!  Thanks
  • Lajoie416Lajoie416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok now I am thinking we will probably go with real flowers since I don't really like how the fake ones look but I want to be able to order just a few (5-20) flowers (hydrangeas and calla lilies) to play around with and see how many I will need and how they will look so if anyone knows any local florists that would have nice hydrangeas and calla lilies I would appreciate that as well. Thanks a bunch in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards