Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 5/12

Who did you take with you to shop for wedding dresses and would you take these same people with you if you were able to do it again?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 5/12

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with my mom and my 3 BM.  I'm glad these people went with me and it was a good balance of opinions.  However, I had set it up so my BM could try on dresses at the same time and we could multi-task, and I wouldn't do it this way again.  I didn't have a problem sharing the spotlight so to speak. It was just hard for everyone to come out of the dressing room while other people were changing and pulling dresses.  It was more chaotic this way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going for the first time this month and taking my mom, sister (MOH) and 2 bridesmaids (out of the 6).  I wanted to take as few people as possible so I don't have a ton of opinions getting thrown at me.  This is even more than I wanted to take.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My mom and my daughter (Who is also my MOH)

I took my mother out of obligation...however I hate hate HATE shopping with her.  My daughter, being 13, is blunt and will say: Mom, that makes you look fat. Nope...that makes you look like you have no boobs., That one looks hot on you!
    Then there's my mom: OH!!!  Turn around.  You're stunning!!!  (Daughter shaking her head "no" in the background.)  That looks beautiful on you!!!  (Both saleswoman and daughter with looksof horror on their faces.)  That's definitely the one!  While we're all laughing at how horrible it looks.

I chose a dress that I found online...snuck by myself to the store to try it on, ordered it, and never let anyone see it til it finally came in. And I love, love LOVE my dress.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    Hamn'cheeseHamn'cheese member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to down to Columbus for my cousin's graduation party so I stopped in a shop that I had the dress I wanted. That meant I had my mom and my 11 year old neice with me while my dad waiting outside with the dog. I would not take them again because my mom was too caught up in not wanting her 26 year old daughter to get married and my neice was being a pain. I love my dress though so oh well.
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alright, totally unrelated...

Hamn'cheese,

The video in your siggy made me giggle... then it made me feel bad for laughing.  haha.  Everyone else has countdowns and engagement pics.  I like your uniqueness!!
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah hamn'cheese..how'd you get a clip in there?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gone dress shopping yet, but I've asked my mom, MOH (sister) and aunt to go with me when I do.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards