Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

looking for a few vendors...

i am looking for a floriist and a bakery for my cake in the north hills area that isn't too expensive.  i don't want to spend more than $300 total for my bouquet, 3 bm bouquets, 6-8 bouts, and 3-4 corsages.  they are going to be all VERY simple, so that's what i'm shooting so low in price.

also, the bakery...i don't want anything too fancy, so  i'm shooting low for them too.  i don't even know an average cost of a wedding cake...but i want cheap and really tasty! 

any suggestions would be helpful!

Re: looking for a few vendors...

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a few of us have used KS kennedy in the northside and love him. he was extremely reasonable. i'm sure he would take your budget and make it work.

i recommend signature desserts-i dont know what just the cake costs since we did a dessert buffet package with the cake-but $438 was for a wedding cake, 8 other desserts and 6 dz cookies....so i'm sure that cake alone would be reasonable!

good luck!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ps: i LOVE your STD's!! that's so creative and cute! your guests are going to love them!!!! and your colorful details that you've picked up so far are adorable-they're so perfect for your wedding! love!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No suggestions for a florist, as I am buying mine online and DIYing.

Did you check Dudts, Giant Eagle and Costco? I was served GE cake at a wedding and it was delicious!!  I've had Costco cake and it is always moist and the fillings are always very flavorful.

Sweethouse Bake Shop in Mars makes great cupcakes (never had their wedding cakes, but I'm sure equally as good!) I'm not sure of their pricing.

GL!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, i agree with pp about giant eagle. we had a 3 tier GE cake for my shower and it was actually really amazing and looked fabulous. people, including myself, were shocked to find out it was from GE! and it was so reasonable, $45 i think!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KS Kennedy is my florist and I love him!  In fact he just called me up a few minutes ago because he and mom were talking about the flowers (he calls my mom "mom" how freaking cute).  His prices are extremely reasonable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm no floral pro, but that amount seems pretty low for what you want. You can probably get all the supplies and DIY for $300; that's what I did because I had a small floral budget.

I used Cakes by Tammy for my cake. She is really reasonable and her cakes are great. Her info is in my planning bio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards