New York
Options

Is this a scam?! I need help!

I got a call today from a company called "Dinner 4 Two" that I met with at the bridal show a couple weeks ago. They said I won a bridal package which consists of free wedding bands, crystal toasting flutes, and a 3 day stay in the Bahamas, Mexico, or the Dominican Republic. Naturally I got SO excited and told my FI and my mom about it. But I can't get the thought out of my head that it's a scam...I mean, if I won a raffle or something, why would they wait two weeks to call?

I looked it up online and got mixed reviews. Some people said it wasn't a scam, some people said it was. I'm supposed to go to a cooking presentation at the Clarion Hotel to claim the package. I'm sure they'll try to pressure us into buying their products. The whole thing sounds fishy to me...but I want a free vacation :( has anyone heard of this?! It must be a scam...
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Is this a scam?! I need help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got the saaaame phone call after the bridal show we attended a couple of weeks ago, and theyre STILL calling me. I got really excited as well, and when I told FI about it, he all but replied "oh yeah? Well i got some ocean-front property in kansas I'd like to sell you too." I googled and saw the mixed reviews too, but, I wasnt chancing it. Plus, you DO have to pay for airfare for the trip :/
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hate to burst your bubble.... but most likely a scam.  At best, you may "win" the package IF you puchase XX hundred dollars of their crapola.

I, personally, would pass.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got several calls about those, including one recently after I was married..I never went to the presentation you have to go to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    csharpe44csharpe44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got that very same phone call too!  And they called me at work no less, and I don't know how they got the number because I didn't attend the bridal show!  Gotta be a scam!
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got this phone call today too... I registered for a bridal show and didn't attend but I'm pretty sure that they got my number from there. Anyway, it seemed really shady to me so I passed. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I'm going to pass. She just sounded so convincing on the phone...ugh why do people suck so much!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a similar call after a bridal show and researched it. It's not a "scam" in that they'll actually give you a few nights in a hotel in a tropical location, probably in the middle of the week, and you'll have to pay your own airfare. Still, that's a "prize."

The problem is you have to sit through a high pressure sales pitch where they try to get you to buy really expensive cookware. It you're the type that thinks it's worth it to save money on your honeymoon, then it's totally not a "scam." I mean, if you're already going to the carribean, and are immune to pushy salesmen, and have a few free hours on a weeknight, then this would just knock a few nights stay off of your honeymoon bill. But most people would consider the whole business to be shady.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards