Ohio-Toledo

trolley? and average cost for limo

ok i was considering using a trolley for our transportation but i talked to a company that owned one and they are getting rid of theirs and he advised against it. has anyone been on one for a wedding? how was your experience?

Also i guess i didnt realize the prices to rent a limo or bus was so expensive does anyone have someone to recommend?

Re: trolley? and average cost for limo

• edited December 2011
    Never been on a trolley for a wedding... but wanted you to know we are using a party bus (we have a large bridal party) from Total Image Limo (http://www.totalimagelimousine.com/). They are great to work with and reasonably priced.Their buses are very clean and like new. I think it was around $800 for 5 hours?
  • medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am using a limo bus from Birmingham Limo and I am paying around $450 I think
  • edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding that used one to transport the wedding party around town. I don't know what the price was. I know they took really cute pictures on the back little balcony. I will say that it isn't exactly luxurious, and you really need to have great weather, but they are cute!!! I used Diamond Chariots, we got a HUGE limo bus, I think it was @$900, but we needed it for a longer time than usual. Good Luck!!!
  • skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a trolley for DD's wedding.  With 24 in the wedding party (DSIl had 11 groomsmen and 2 ushers, DD had 9 BM). It was easy to get each group where they needed to be for pre-wedding pictures, then all of them to post-wedding pictures and on to the reception site.

The trolley was so cute, they played cute music (like "Going to the chapel") etc which made it fun.  Great pictures of DSIL and his guys as they went for pictures, then more great pictures of DD and her bridesmaids and us. And then pictures of the whole group on the trolley after the ceremony.

It was $1800. 1/2 hour drive time each way, then 4 hours to transport before and after the wedding.   Initially I thought $1800 was a log of money but we would have had to hire more than one limo (and all would also have had to drive to this town) or a fairly large party or charter bus).  It might have been a tad cheaper for limos but we would have had to pay for drive time there as well. I think a party bus or charter might have run about the same as the trolley, perhaps a $100 or so less but still very close.

The trolley was MUCH easier to get in and out of than limos and way more fun than a big party or charter bus.

We wouldn't change that decision, it was just so much fun. Everyone loved it. 

NOTE: this trolley had windows and was fully enclosed, red with gold trim and oak wood trim.  While it didn't have full air conditioning, it had small oscillating fans that were quiet and unnoticeable. We only noticed them because we were paying for it and checked it out thorougly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards