Moms and Maids

Free Sister in Law of the Bride Wedding Speech

I used this speech this month, October 2011.  I had a hard time trying to find a SIL wedding speech.  I married my SIL's brother.  I spent weeks trying to figure out what to say because I had only known her a few years and was honored to become her MOH.  So I figured I would upload mine and help out those who need it.  I received so many compliments on my speech so I had to share.  I hope you use it and get the same reviews!!!   All I ask is that you send me an email to let me know that you used it and how it went.  GOOD LUCK!!!

Good Evening! First off congratulations to the bride and groom and thank all of you for being here to help celebrate this happy occasion.  For those of you who don't know me, my name is                    and I am                      sister in law.                       and                  are to be commended on their planning and preparation for today.  Everything has turned out beautifully.

you look absolutely stunning. 

You have given me this privilege today of being your matron of honor and I want to thank you for that.  This morning as we started to prepare for the day, I got to see how excited you were and I gotta admit I became a little teary eyed.  As the day went on, I became overhelmed with so much happiness for you.  Finally at church, I was able to stand beside you and witness you and                      exchange your wedding vows.  This will be a moment that I will forever hold dear to my heart.  As we continue to create special memories together, I have realized that we have this bond that goes beyond the meaning of sister in law.  As I look back, I am reminded of just how grateful and blessed I am that you have shared your thoughtfulness and sense of compassion with me.  You have given me this wonderful friendship.  You are an honest and true person and this is what makes you amazing.  I love you for this reason.  I hope that the love surrounding you today will be there for many years to come.    

: You look as handsome as ever.  You clean up nicely!!!   Just recently I have learned that there is another love in your life.  Your first being                      of course and your second is YOU CAN PUT SOMETHING FUNNY IN HERE ABOUT HIM.  I ADDED SOMETHING ABOUT MY MOM IN LAWS COOKING THAT EVERYONE FIGHTS OVER.  For the amount of time that I have known you, you have always been a sweet guy and I can't think of a better person for                         to marry.   Seeing her this happy tells me that you will be a terrific husband who will have no problem taking on the cooking and the daily chores.

My greatest wish for the two of you is that through the years, your love for each other will deepen and grow.  That your home be filled with beautiful children, tons of family get togethers and laughter for all the days of your life.   Take today and each day forward time to cherish each other.  Never forget to put your love and your family first. 

I love you both very much.

Cheers

Re: Free Sister in Law of the Bride Wedding Speech

• edited December 2011
    I find this weird. And I would much rather have a personalized, heartfelt speech than one someone found on the Internet. I'm glad this speech worked for you, but I would not be happy if my MOH or whoever it was just looked online for a generic speech that someone else used and applied it to me. That is not the point of the speech.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ditto Summer. 

When our MOH/BM asked for advice on the speeches H and I said "less than 5 mintues, don't take it off the internet, and keep inside jokes to a minimum/explain them a little" because we went to weddings this past summer where the speeches included one or all of those "Don'ts" and it's just awkward for the guests
  • LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's pretty awful.  Right from the beginning, the phrase "first off" makes me cringe.

Best speech ever:  Mine as MOH at my sister's wedding, done in Dr. Seuss-inspired rhyme.  And no, you can't have it.  It wouldn't make sense for anyone else, since it's all about OUR releationship and HER husband.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing says I love you like an impersonal fill in the blank speech.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    I would be so upset if I got that generic speech, I would rather not have one at all. They are supposed to be personalized and fun...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I've seen this post on 3 different boards now.  OP REALLY wants everybody to use her speech.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_sister-law-of-bride-wedding-speech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:9d9c610a-57d2-4712-b27b-a249fe27c23ePost:16d9995a-4f51-46ba-80a8-a28999aa1079">Re: Free Sister in Law of the Bride Wedding Speech</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I've seen this post on 3 different boards now.  OP REALLY wants everybody to use her speech.
    Posted by Boog2011[/QUOTE]

Good Lord!!  Given her reaction on a local board, I don't think she's looked at M&M:

<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_moh-sil-speech_.0">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_moh-sil-speech_.0</a>
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, didn't see all that on my month board!  Out of curiosity I went to the Dec 2011 board (the third place she posted it) and it looks like the mod there deleted it.
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    wow tldh!
    I am just laughing...
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Ricro1984Ricro1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need to say something at my wedding.  Both my fiance and I don't have mothers and I'm not entirely sure what to say. Please help.

KR
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_sister-law-of-bride-wedding-speech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:9d9c610a-57d2-4712-b27b-a249fe27c23ePost:ba01fc8f-21dc-46c4-9e9e-957d144c50c8">Brides Speech</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to say something at my wedding.  Both my fiance and I don't have mothers and I'm not entirely sure what to say. Please help. KR
    Posted by Ricro1984[/QUOTE]

So create a new post to ask your question.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to Re: Brides Speech:

Wow there are a lot of rude people here who should go to another website to post there comments (meaning your comments aren't warranted and learn some manners)

I think the speech is well written!! I came to this website specifically to gain insight into writing a speech for my sister in law who I am not close to and wanted some inspiration.  Guess you rude people didn't help with that...  Thank you for your speech you have given me some wonderful ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards