Florida-West Coast
Options

Vendor Reviews 1/16/12

So I was my good friend's maid of honor and she isn't on here regularly so I'm posting her reviews for her because I know how helpful they are.

Hair and Makeup- Destiny & Light-  A+ I booked her trial for her after researching a ton. The main lady Prsicilla and her assistant did our hair and makeup. They were on time (6am!) , proffesional, and super responsive to what we wanted and didnt want. We had a weave, AA hair, and Latino hair and we all looked amazing for all three shades and hair types!

Venue- Don Vicente Inn- C - I worked with my freind and this venue since she booked it and there was one headach after another for her. The managers are extremely unproffesional and have a big lapse in communication. They communicated to her 3 days before the wedding that her wedding guests couldn't use their parking lot but instead should use the parking garage down the street and pay $10 (despite the fact that they charge a parking attendant fee), we ended up just telling the guests to park in the HCC parking lot but you can imagine how furious she was. Additionally, the staff was polite and helpful but very slow on helping the event flow smoothly. The began packing up the veremony while guests were in the room, the forgot to close the reception curtains so ppl would stay in the cocktail area. Just little things like that made the event less proffesional.  But it is a beautiful place!

Cake- Cake Factory - A- Pretty , budget cake, delivered on time and beautiful

DJ Hands- C- The groom emalied him the timeline and playlist of songs they wanted. The night before the bride calls to confirm and he says he refuses to do any MC duties like announce its time for cake cutting, garter toss , etc. He said he needed more detail (ie an exact word for word script). The groom was upset because he couldnt understand why he hadnt asked for this sooner. He then butchered everyone's name although we typed up and exact script with phonetic prononuciations and had someone read them to him.  He also proceeded to play various types of rap songs that the bride specifically ask not to be played and he completely ignored the playlist. Only reason he doesnt get an F is because his mix was really good although not the bride or grooms instructions

Day of Coordinator- Cherished Moments- C- First she showed up to rehearsal 1 and a half hours late. Then she really did nothing but lay things out on the day of. I mean I literally tracked down the toss bouquet, garter, told her where and when to place the favors.  handed them the cake plate., brought them food.  She did get everything set up and helped pack up so she doesnt get and F

Alterations- Ms. Daisy A+++- She is a doll!!!!!! Nothing but positive reviews for this lady.
All in all they are married now! But I 100% say you get what you pay for. And she was beautiful!

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary

Re: Vendor Reviews 1/16/12

• Options

Helpful reviews, thank you.

Congratulations to your friend!

• Options
    Awesome reviews. I just sent my deposit for Destiny & Light after the other person backed out right before signing the contract. My friend who is a wedding planner sent me to them and they are a little more $$ then the prior but reliable and I know their work is fabulous. They are working with me for the wedding day to make sure I am still on schedule for everything else. I have my trial on Jan 30th!
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Shakeup thats awesome, you will love them!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Congrats to your friend. I used Destiny and Light too and they showed up ontime (6am). I loved my makeup!

We took e-pics at Don Vincente. The place is beautiful but their communication sucks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_vendor-reviews-11612?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:6062b63e-11b6-4cf6-abd6-691ed0c66318Post:3991d9bc-9c46-4b34-a0b6-fa69db5ea7e1">Re: Vendor Reviews 1/16/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats to your friend. I used Destiny and Light too and they showed up ontime (6am). I loved my makeup! We took e-pics at Don Vincente. T<strong>he place is beautiful but their communication sucks.</strong>
    Posted by chescam[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, yes, yes</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards