June 2012 Weddings

Engagement called off.

So I have decided to call off my engagement.  Currently, I feel sick to my stomach and can't stop crying, however, I think I am better off by doing this in the end.  I have truly loved getting to know all of you and will really miss you dearly.  I hope that you all have not only beautiful weddings, but marriages full of happiness and love.

For those of you who I am facebook friends, I would love to stay friends with you because you truly do mean a lot to me, however, I will not be offended if you no longer feel comfortable.
imageimage

Re: Engagement called off.

• Oh no I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were having problems :( best of luck to you!
  • I am really sorry to hear that. I hope you are doing okay all things considering
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Shannon- I am so, so sorry to hear this...I just saw it on FB and I had to come on here to see what happened. I consider you a dear friend and you need to talk know that I am here. Hugs to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry to hear! I hope you're doing ok. We're always here if you need to talk/vent about anything. Take care!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Shannon, I'm so sorry that you're going through this! I cannot imagine how you feel, but we are all here for you and will be here whenever you need us. Even if you just want to post on the facebook group to let us know how you're doing. We support you and know that whatever decision you made was the right one for you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_engagement-called-off-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:55742e72-49aa-48bc-92aa-498823b2c0bfPost:db5cdd53-f161-4677-99ea-8ef84b494e78">Re: Engagement called off.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shannon, I'm so sorry that you're going through this! I cannot imagine how you feel, but we are all here for you and will be here whenever you need us. Even if you just want to post on the facebook group to let us know how you're doing. We support you and know that whatever decision you made was the right one for you.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this.</div><div>You will be in my thoughts and prayers. </div>

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm sorry to hear this. I think you are wise and know what you are doing. Keep in touch! Hugs!!!
  • I'm so incredibly sorry. Best of luck for the future, we're here if you need any support.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Awww I'm so sorry to hear that!  You are the one that knows what's best for you.  I wish you the best of luck and we will miss you here!
  • I'm sorry. I'm sure you are making the best decision for you. I called off an engagement previously and it was the best choice I ever made. If you ever need to talk just let me know. 
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Shanee, I'm so sorry! I don't think we are facebook friends, but if you want to be, pm me! If not I'll miss you, and hope for only the best for you! :)
  • So sorry, wish you the best. You defiantly need to do what it best for you! We will miss you! please still post!
  • Shannon,
    I don't know you but my heart goes out to you! I had a failed engagement, so I know what you are going through.  It's so so hard at first, but keep your chin up!  You will meet and fall in love again - this time with the rigth person!

((HUGS!!)

Anniversary
  • Sending lots of love your way!
    Anniversary
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Best of luck to you Shannon.  If you know that it was the right thing to do, then I'm sure you are better off for it.  Just get through this and you will come out a stronger person for it.  I'm terribly sorry, but I'm glad that if something wasn't right, you did something about it before it was too late.  ::HUGS::
  • First thing when i saw this i said OMG when i seen who it was. I am so sorry shannon, i did not know you guys were having problems. Are you staying together or are you completely calling it quits? The only consolation is that it is cheaper & better to do it now rather than after you are married. I wish the best for you. We are all here for you when you are able to come say hi (i know it will be hard for a while)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am truly sorry to hear this. Please send me a PM or a FB message. I am in NH as well so if you need a friend I can be there for you.  
  • Shannon, I am so sorry you're going through this! We will surely miss you around here, so I hope to still hear from you! You know you can always post here to vent or just talk! I hope things get better soon. Hugs and love your way!
  • Feel free to stick around/vent on here. We are FB friends, and lets be honest; its no less creepy to be FB friends with a former knottie in a different state you never met than a current one! Chin up, things will get better. I'm glad you did what was right for you.

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am so sorry Shannon.  *hugs*

If you ever want to talk feel free.  I have really enjoyed getting to know you over the past number of months and I hope everything gets better for you. 
    Feel free to friend me on FB if you want.
  • So sorry to hear.  I hope you are hanging in there ok.  Best of luck to you- I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Shannon I'm so so sorry! But I am glad you are doing what is best for you! We are not facebook friends but wish we were so we could keep in touch! If you need anything or just wanna talk pm me. I know we live near each other so if you need anything at all please let me know! I really have enjoyed getting to know you! 
  • Shannon, I am so sorry to hear that.  I am sure you are making the best decision for you, and I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world.

I'm also in NH, and would like it ditto Melissa:  Please feel free to friend me on FB, I'm happy to be here for you if you need someone.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Shannon-so sorry you are going through this. I wish you lots of joy and happiness in the future and a beautiful wedding when the time comes!
  • I'm so sorry to hear this Shannon! Lots of thoughts, love & hugs for you. I'm here if you need anything. :)
  • Shannon, I'm so, so sorry. However, good for you for having the courage to make this decision. It's a hard thing to do. Surround yourself with those that love you and support you. We will miss you here, but please drop in and let us know how you're doing if you feel comfortable doing so. Hugs.
    Photobucket
  • I am so sorry to hear this Shannon. I have been there before, it hurts at first, but after a while, it gets easier. It is better that it happened now and not a year from now. If you ever need to vent, please stop by and do so. You can friend me on FB if you want and I can listen if you ever need someone to talk to. 

*****HUGS******
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • So shocked to see this, and so sorry you're going through it. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
  • *HUGS* Shannon I am so sorry you are going through this! But you know what is best for you and you wouldn't have made this decision if it was right for you. We live close by so if you ever need to talk I'm hear to listen. Feel free to friend me on FB =)
  • I can only imagine what a hard decision this was for you. You are very strong for following how you truly feel! Best of luck in all you do!  Sending positive thoughts and hugs to you. 
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards