South Carolina
Options

Cake Prices

I've enlisted my fiance's brother's girlfriend (complicated, I know) to help with the cake since I'm halfway across the country and it's kind of difficult to go do a tasting. Anyway. . .she and my fiance's brother went and did a cake tasting last Saturday. When I talked to her after the tasting, she said the cake was delectable, the baker was super nice, etc. Then she told me that the baker said the price of the cake and delivery would be $401 (we have a 10% off coupon if I place the order by the 29th), but she wasn't sure if that included tax. So I emailed the baker this morning asking if the $401 included tax and got a reply back saying the $401 was just for the cake, delivery was another $40 and tax was $32. So we're now looking at $473 for a cake to feed 150 (which honestly, I don't think we'll actually have more than 130). Is this in line with what everyone else is paying or is she just trying to screw me over since I wasn't actually there? I'm just kind of annoyed that she'd tell my cake proxy one thing and me another (although I guess I can't completely rule out a misunderstanding between them :-P).
Anniversary

Re: Cake Prices

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our cake all together was about $380 to feed 70 people. Including tax and delivery.  

That seems about right to me. There are a lot of other bakers in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area that do it for way cheaper. Ours is $5 pp and I have read some posts on here where girls have gotten their cakes for $3 pp. 

You should send them another cake tasting. Nothing wrong with shopping around vendors! Might find better cake at a lower cost!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cake is $1,197. That including, delivery, set-up, 2 dummie tiers & taxes.
    It's also for 150- we are having close to 200, but I know alot of ppl that won't eat the cake.

Here's the pic.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well then I guess we're coming out ahead! Thanks ladies!

And I did think about sending them to another baker, but to get the 10% discount we have to have the order in by the 29th, and I'm just worried that everyone else will be more expensive. If only I was marrying the prince of England - then there'd be no budget! :-P
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just heard back from her, and it turns out I was right about the price. She apologized and said she looked at it wrong so who knows whether she actually did or was trying to get a little more money out of me. But it's resolved in my favor, so I'll take it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying about $300 for a three layer cake that will feed 100 .. that includes tax and delivery in the columbia-area
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what baker are you using?

that price sounds about right!

I miss the prices in SC - and I'm glad I'm having my wedding there! Everything in Houston is SO expensive!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards