August 2013 Weddings

Accomplishments To Date

I seen a similar post on the September 2013 board (I used to be part of that board) & thought it would be fun to see what you ladies have done so far

What have you crossed off your wedding “To Do” list so far?

FI and I have…

- Started a wedding savings account & have been adding to it since our engagement

-Booked the Ceremony & Reception site

-Booked the Caterer

-Booked the DJ

Re: Accomplishments To Date

• Hi!

We got a lot checked off in January and then took a little breather.

Our checks:
    -Opened joint checking account
    -Booked the Church
    -Booked the Priest
    -Booked the Venue & officially set the date
    -Got ring appraised
    -Got ring insured
    -Sent ring out to be resized.

I swear if I don't get my ring back by this time next week I'll go crazy. :)

Colors are what's tripping me up now. The church and venue are super neutral so I can do whatever I want. So of course I can't choose! :)
    Everyone keeps asking me about colors.

More importantly though - I think I want to book the photographer next. Try to get some engagement pics in the spring.

FMIL is starting to get more serious about engagement party planning. That'll be fun too.
  • Colors is what has me stuck as well! There are so many options, good thing there is still plenty of time to think about it.

Photographer is also next on my list, I think we will look more seriously into one this summer though, as we want our engagement pics done in August.

• We have:

~ Officiant
    ~ Venue (both ceremony and reception
    ~ Photographer
    ~ DJ
    ~ Cake (we're having a cake bar!)
    ~ BP
    ~ BM & GM gifts
    ~ Most of DIY complete (my list was 72 items!)
    ~ Rings for both
    ~ Menu decided
    ~ Drinks decided
    ~ BP attire decided

But we were planning our wedding for *this* year until my medical issues intervened.

• So far we have:
    Started saving, opened a wedding bank account
    Booked ceremony/reception site
    Booked photographer
    Booked bakery and started designing our cake (FI friend)
    Picked colors
    Accidently chose a theme
    Chose formal wear shop for tuxes and locked in rates

Ummm....I think thats about it.
    I'm honestly impressed w/ us! lol. Everything is falling together pretty well.

Next on the list is probably inviations and DJ.

We are really rocking at this organization thing ladies!   Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_accomplishments-to-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:219cf971-5151-4d25-a37e-5dd82d309f5cPost:d1ca4b41-9817-4586-be31-c3f0e743cac6">Re: Accomplishments To Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have: ~ Officiant ~ Venue (both ceremony and reception ~ Photographer ~ DJ ~ <strong>Cake (we're having a cake bar!)</strong> ~ BP ~ BM & GM gifts ~ Most of DIY complete (my list was 72 items!) ~ Rings for both ~ Menu decided ~ Drinks decided ~ BP attire decided But we were planning our wedding for *this* year until my medical issues intervened.
    Posted by JoshLovesJekka[/QUOTE]

What exactly is a cake bar?
  • We're having mini cheesecake and cupcakes and our guests will get to choose what toppings they put on them. Blueberries, cherries, chocolate, strawberries for the cheesecake and different flavors of frosting for the cupcakes.

cheesecake bar?

and our guests cheesecake will look like this:

• Not too many checks yet -
    booked our venue
    booked the church
    spoken with our  Catholic Campus Ministry priest about coming to our church to do our ceremony
    picked our colors (pale yellow/gold and shades of purple)
    picked our WP (but haven't asked them this early)

I *think* I've picked my dress, even though it's way too early ... but my uncle is a partner and my mom's an employee for a wedding dress manufacturer, I can't stop looking!! I'm hoping to start DIYing things soon, but my mom keeps telling me it's too early.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_accomplishments-to-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:219cf971-5151-4d25-a37e-5dd82d309f5cPost:1392cb82-2d23-4f59-9b3c-ea78ce357c83">Re: Accomplishments To Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not too many checks yet - booked our venue booked the church spoken with our  Catholic Campus Ministry priest about coming to our church to do our ceremony picked our colors (pale yellow/gold and shades of purple) picked our WP (but haven't asked them this early) I *think* I've picked my dress, even though it's way too early ... but my uncle is a partner and my mom's an employee for a wedding dress manufacturer, I can't stop looking!! <font color="#ff0000">I'm hoping to start DIYing things soon, but my mom keeps telling me it's too early</font>.
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

It's NEVER too early! I started DIYing *last* January, and I'm glad I did because problems arose when I wound up with a shattered arm a* month before the 1 year mark! (It's 7 months later and they're still trying to put the pieces back together!) We eventually wound up pushing the wedding back a year because I wind up having to take 2 or 3 months off every surgery I get. So all those projects just slowly build up, but they're checks off our DIY list! But thank Holy Heaven for the time, I would have been at square 1 if I hadn't started them.

ETA*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_accomplishments-to-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:219cf971-5151-4d25-a37e-5dd82d309f5cPost:52f00e1f-172f-445e-b5c2-3eeaf548e104">Re: Accomplishments To Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having mini cheesecake and cupcakes and our guests will get to choose what toppings they put on them. Blueberries, cherries, chocolate, strawberries for the cheesecake and different flavors of frosting for the cupcakes. and our guests cheesecake will look like this:

That is too cool!
  • We have

*Booked Ceremony site
    *Booked reception site
    *Booked caterer
    *Reserved chairs for ceremony (outdoors)
    *Picked colors
    *Picked style
    *Decided on wedding party mostly (FI still has a few maybe's)
    *Talked to photobooth people (MIL really wants to get this for us)
    *Started a savings
    *Bought most all the flowers for the bouquets *we are going artifical* 
    *Started some DIY 
    *And Tomorrow  we are going to pay all our deposits this far

Wow seeing it like that I feel much farther than I thought I was :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ujocdeelovelyujocdeelovely member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We got engaged September 5th and are getting married August 23, 2013 so far we have the following done..

Opened a savings account
    Decided on wedding party
    Booked the catering hall/ceremony
    Got my dress
    Got my head piece
    Booked photographer
    Had engagement photos taken
    Got our save-the-dates
    Booked DJ
    Spoke with florist and got my flowers picked out
    Colors of bridesmaid dresses are picked and color theme of wedding

Everyone thought I was crazy for getting everything done so early but I got some really good rates and now I can sit back and relax!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_accomplishments-to-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:219cf971-5151-4d25-a37e-5dd82d309f5cPost:851b2347-c155-4f44-bd87-8b2adca92131">Re: Accomplishments To Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Accomplishments To Date : That is too cool!
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

I came across it on Pinterst-a very valuable wedding tool!- and Josh went crazy for it! So it's a keeper!
  • Whooo first Wedding Date Board post :)

So far we have:

-Church booked
    -Reception Venue booked
    -Photographer
    -I have my dress
    -Decorators have been chosen and date secured
    -Wedding savings started (it got a kick in the pants when my old car ate crap so I had to re-distribute wedding funds for a down payment :/ )
    - my ring has been appraised and insured
    - my step father is in a band so they will be playing during cocktail hour and assisting in ceremony music.. they have already started learning some of the songs
    - I have my bridesmaids (mine was simple.. my 3 sisters, my FSIL, and my best friend who introduced us)

Pinterest has been ruining my life though lately.. I wanted decorators so that I didn't have to worry at all about decorating the day of but I keep finding things I want to make :/
     We will also be doing Save the Dates a year out, his family has alot of relatives and close friends in Germany so we want to give them extra time check schedules and finances before they decide if they can make it.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Wow! You ladies are ahead of the game! I thought I was planning too early, but maybe not. So far, I have:
    - Bought my dress, shoes, veil
    - Made a bunch of hair fascinators (I'll probably end up selling a few on Etsy)
    - Gotten into papercrafting so that I can eventually make my own invitations (bought stamps, a Cuttlebug, lots of other supplies)
    - Got the park permit for the ceremony
    - Have the reception spot on notice (haven't put a deposit on it yet)
    - Picked 2 out of 3 bridesmaids
    - Got wedding bands
    - Got wedding favors
    - Started a website & registry (not yet published though)
    - Been taking weekly trips to the bakery to try a different slice of potential wedding cake
    - Planned out reception centerpieces

I think that's it. Are we supposed to maintain this level of obsession for the next year and a half?? I'm driving myself crazy.
  • PatgdPatgd member
    First Comment
    We have a lot checked off the list but there's still a ton to do:

Booked venue (both ceremony & reception)
    Caterer is included
    Booked DJ
    Quotes on Flowers and will book this week or next
    I have my dress
    My ladies are each wearing a dress of their choosing with them all in the same colour.  To date, my sister has her dress, my MOH has the pattern for her dress (she is having hers made), my cousin has found her dress and one of my two flower girls has her dress.
    All of my attendant's gifts have been bought
    We've figured out centrepieces, kissing game and centrepiece game.
    I know who is doing my hair but just have to finalize things with them.
    We have a quote on limo
    We have our photographer and wedding planner (it's a husband and wife team)
    We have both our wedding cake and groom's cake booked.
    We've asked our Master of Ceremonies to do that job
    We have a minister to marry us
    We're designing our own invitations because a wine and cigar theme is impossible to find it seems and we have finalized the wording on our invitations
  • Wow I cant believe how much you ladies have accomplished already!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_accomplishments-to-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:219cf971-5151-4d25-a37e-5dd82d309f5cPost:d1ca4b41-9817-4586-be31-c3f0e743cac6">Re: Accomplishments To Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have: ~ Officiant ~ Venue (both ceremony and reception ~ Photographer ~ DJ ~ Cake (we're having a cake bar!) ~ BP ~ BM & GM gifts ~ Most of DIY complete (my list was 72 items!) ~ Rings for both ~ Menu decided ~ Drinks decided ~ BP attire decided But we were planning our wedding for *this* year until my medical issues intervened.

<div>You have so much done! i just moved to the area so i am unformailar with what vendors to use? if you have any suggestions i would love to hear them! ( =</div>
  • WOOOW all you ladies have done sooo much im still in planning phase..i mean i knw the colors and the possible location  and ive gone online to HENKAA.COM and already picked out the BM dresses which they dont have to purchase now and i knw which invitation i want to send out but i have yet to actually put down any money for any body....geesh i guess i better catch up August 17th will be around the corner huh lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• So far I have

Chosen wedding party
    Chosen colors (light gray, light green, Light pink)
    booked ceremony/reception venue
    premartial counsling
    booked photographer
    picked DJ
    picked Bakery
    Talked to family friend about flowers and got her going on that
    I have my dress
    looked at BM dresses
    Had engagment party
    Asked our pastor to do the ceremony
    Planned/started DIY centerpieces
    Started collecting items for all my DIY projects :)
    Chose a theme
    Started a saving account

I think that's about it. It doesn't feel like much until I look at it like this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards