Oregon
Options

webcasting

Hello everyone! Does anyone out there know about any vendors or DIY advise about webcasting a ceremony? My step-daughter lives in Eugene and is having a small ceremony at Lamb Cottage in  Skinner Butte Park in Eugene. Her father cannot attend because he has terminal cancer and would not be able to travel from NJ. I would love to have the ceremony webcast so that he would not miss his only daughter's wedding. I understand that there is no internet connection at the cottage. I have had contact with 1 vendor from Eugene, but his price quote was about $2000. I can't afford an expense like that especially with the mounting medical bills, but I cannot deal with the fact that her dad will not be able to view the ceremony as it happens. If anyone can help me I would so greatly appreciate it!!!

Re: webcasting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could have someone video it and put it on YouTube. I think you can password protect it? I know someone that put parts of her wedding on YouTube for those who couldn't come. I noticed shutterfly let's you download videos now (up to 10). And there are other services that let you post video's. I don't know of any live streams though. Unless! I bet this will work... If you contact Holli Ehrlich from The Wedding Podcast Network, tell her your story and I bet she'd hook you up. Just tell her a Knottie named Jeni told you. ;-) (aka Jeni from Alaska). http://www.weddingpodcastnetwork.com/ TRY It! they are based out of The Jersie area. They LOVE doing stuff like this and they support Brides against Breast cancer. :) Listen to a few of their podcasts too. They are very helpful! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

THANK YOU Jeni for your suggestions. You are truly a blessing from above! I have reached out to Holli Ehrlich as you suggested. Hopefully she will have some positive direction for me. Thank you once again for taking the time to answer my post. I am very grateful!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem. :) Wanna help me paint birdhouses now? Lol! ;-) just kidding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeni,
    Would if I could!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you ever hear anything back yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards