April 2013 Weddings

Anyone else get this?

So I've got a friend who's engaged also and getting married in October,and a Coworker who is also marrying in October.There panning their weddings of course and when talking plans when I comment with my own as well ,and there always saying things like Youve got like a whole year anyway,why are you worried?,and I could not wait that long to get married! I was engaged first,then my friend,then coworker.I think it's rude and not true! we're not planning too early are we?!and a year wait is not long!!Anyone else going through this??

Re: Anyone else get this?

• Everyone keeps telling me to calm down & I have tons of time but really I feel like I'm running out of time too! There's so much to do and the time just keeps counting down! I don't think we're planning too early. Seriously a year is not that much time when you want good venues & such. People also need to be more considerate of you. Just because you're wedding is a little farther out than theirs does not mean that you don't have the same stress/headaches as everyone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I'm getting that too!! But I have noticed that some vendors have already been booked for my date..so I think we are doing the right thing :) Having a year (or more) just means more choices on vendors!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No one has really said that to me, thankfully. I would get frustrated if someone did say that to me. The good (& affordable) vendors snap up quickly, I see nothing wrong with being prepared and getting what you want for the best available rate. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nay1984nay1984 member
    First Comment
    i just hate when people impose their opinion on you when you are clearly getting it done. like who cares how much time it takes or doesnt take as long as you are enjoying it! 

p.s LOVE the pic neely
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes!!!!!! But people don't understand, maybe a year would be long if all we were doing 24/7 was plan, but I don't. I just finished school, work full time and raise 2 kids..... So no.... It's not to early.... We just will not be nearly as stressed as your coworkers lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • My FI actually didn't want to wait as long as we are - we got engaged Thanksgiving weekend 2011 - but I felt like I really need this time to plan.  I work as a substitute teacher in three districts + I'll (hopefully) be working at a camp for kids with disabilities this summer AND I also work guest services at Heinz Field (Steelers' stadium) now...plus FI drives two hours each way four days a week for work.  We need to save up money and I needed time to plan!

And yes, vendors ARE booked already in my area for next April!  The officiant I wanted to use is gone.  :(
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_anyone-else-get-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:a9fadfbe-da94-4586-ac40-d570299cc46bPost:cecca579-886c-405e-b20f-9ff56803df8f">Re: Anyone else get this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i just hate when people impose their opinion on you when you are clearly getting it done. like who cares how much time it takes or doesnt take as long as you are enjoying it!  p.s LOVE the pic neely
    Posted by nay1984[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!! :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you Everyone!!Sooo Glad I'm able to discuss things like this with other Brideto Be's also Marrying in April!!:and yes our venue was booked for every date in April 2013 except our Date!!So it worked out great Just goes to show its NEVER to early to start planning!Things book up quick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards