Wedding Etiquette Forum

Cut-off age for kids?

I want to have an adults only reception, but my FI has a few relatives that will have, say 10-14 year old kids. I don't know when the exact cut-off age for "no kids" would be. 

Tips?
"So what? So it's not going to be easy. It's gonna be hard.
Really hard. But I wanna do that because I want you
- all of you, you and me, every day. Forever."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cut-off age for kids?

• adult is 18+.generally.  Is he on board with the no kids?

Also, if you do set an age limit, be sure it doesn't split up families.  Say you choose 16 and up, but a family has a 14 and 16 year old, that's going to create some hard feelings.
  • He is SUPER on-board with it. He has suggested getting a certified baby-sitter and letting ppl know she will be available, and if they don't want to leave their kids with her, then they can leave the kids at home or with someone they trust.
    "So what? So it's not going to be easy. It's gonna be hard.
    Really hard. But I wanna do that because I want you
    - all of you, you and me, every day. Forever."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cut-off-age-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31df16a6-d596-4e63-8dec-82817953578bPost:754aee2c-5e4c-4cc7-911a-c64256261cee">Re: Cut-off age for kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, if you do set an age limit, be sure it doesn't split up families.  Say you choose 16 and up, but a family has a 14 and 16 year old, that's going to create some hard feelings.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]
    I don't agree with this sentiment, at all.
  • "Only related children" is an acceptable cut-off. If it's just a few, you can probably just figure out an age between the oldest kids you want and the younger, without splitting up families. I agree with Drama.
  • [QUOTE] I don't agree with this sentiment, at all.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I do.  It would have created a HUGE family fight if I were allowed to go to something but my sisters were not, (especially if the cut off were between me and my next sister, only 1.5 years apart.)  I probably would have had to stay home as well to keep the peace.  If the cut-off splits families that are close in age, it's likely to create drama, whether that cut-ff is 18, 16, or 10.
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards