Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Direction cards

Hello Everyone,
My FI and I are trying to save money and our invitations are the last thing we want to break the bank on. I am looking at getting invitations and response cards form Wedding paper Divas, but was wondering if we had to include directions to the venue with the invitations. It would cost an extra $120!
Thanka!

Re: Direction cards

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We skipped the directions in the invitations and are putting a basket at the back of the church with directions to the reception. We are just printing the directions out on our home computer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's one of those things that you don't have to include if you don't want to/don't have the money for.

I think I remember reading something about how if you have directions to your venue on your wedding website than that should be fine.

I don't think I'm going to include a direction card for mine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did end up including directions with our invitation suite but that is only because at the last minute my MIL was afraid that we had too many older folks on the guest list that weren't going to be able to figure out our website.  So we did end up providing them but had she not been so worried about it we were only going to list our directions on our wedding website and I would have been fine with that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I printed out my own direction cards on index cards and it worked out great.  Just did it in a matching font and color - couldn't tell the difference!  I have pics in my bio if you're interested under Paper/DIY.
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    njlfrednjlfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I created mine on Vistaprint - it was a fraction of the cost of the direction cards that matched my invitations (and the matching invitation card would not have fit enough text to provide complete directions).  I think you can do something easy and cheap that doesn't have to *exactly* match your invites.  Good luck.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also skip wasting the money. Do on Vista print or do it yourself. I totally agree save your money on something thats more important.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all. very helpful!
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also printed my own and added them to the invites.

I printed directions from the church to the venue on the back of the programs.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am creating information cards through VistaPrint and having hotel info on one side and a small map/directions on the back...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards