Gay Weddings

making it "ours"

So my finace' and I have been engaged since the end of september. Needless to say, my MOH has already been designated and it couldnt been a better choice. Anyways, my MOH, who is also my best friend got us a wedding planner and organizer to get us started with wedding details. My fiance, Nicole, and I decided one night to go through the planner in its' entirety and changed all of the groom connotations to bride as we are clearly two brides. Has anyone else done this? it may sound silly but we felt slightly uncomfortable having books and wedding tools with the hetero-normative. We reasoned if we could do something about it ( which we obviously could with a little white out tape and a fresh pen), why not do it?!!

For the record ( on a side note) those groomsmen most definitely became BRIDESmen and we couldnt've been happier. Again though, has anyone else done any sort of similar change in their wedding planning?
"Within you, I lose myself. Without you, I find myself wanting to be lost again."-anonymous ...as if it was the most natural question in the world =)

Re: making it "ours"

• edited December 2011
    I have seen baby books that are available online for 2moms or 2 dads....maybe after the wedding you two need to market your idea! I am sure other couples, men and women feel the same when planning your wedding. We haven't used our planner much but we may end up following your idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I have definitely made "edits" along the way to make it ours as well. I think it's fantastic that you two decided to change all of it from the start--I found myself overwhelmed with all the hetero-normative wedding world that I started my own gay wedding blog for just that reason!

I think anything you can do to keep the process fun and enjoyable is worthwhile. Enjoy the process and good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards