Not Engaged Yet
Options

Favorite Movies, Please...

I just activated my blockbuster pass....Yay! I've never had anything like this- so I'm super excited.

I can't wait to fill up my que!

Please share with me your favorite movies. :)
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Favorite Movies, Please...

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I am a huge movie person, so it's hard for me to pick just one! My go-to movies when I'm bored I've noticed tend to be Wedding Crashers, the Break Up, any Indiana Jones (except Temple of Doom, lol), and and anything Judd Apatow (I <3 Jason Segel!)

I got FI Bad Teacher for Christmas. I wasn't expecting much from it, but we were cracking up through the whole thing. You have to appreciate crude humor to enjoy it though.

Added: The Prestige, The Departed, X-Men series, Captain America (I can't wait for the Avengers movie)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Princess Bride
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Beauty and the Beast

and my childhood favorite:
    The White Pony. :D
  • Options
    We had a Pixar movie marathon last week- The Incredbiles, UP, Wall-E, and Ratatouille

Other faves include Aladdin, Pirates of the Caribbean
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    Little Miss Sunshine
    Bridesmaids
    Garden State
    Office Space
    ....so many!!!
  • Options
    Tombstone
    American History X
    Secret of Nimh
    Up
    Eddie
    Renaissance Man
    American Tale (All of them)
  • Options
    I like to pop in a movie whenever I'm cooking or cleaning, and my two biggest "go-to"s are Tangled and Jurassic Park.
  • Options
    Tangled, 27 Dresses, Confessions of a Shopaholic
    Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    When Harry Met Sally
    Love and Basketball
    Memento
    Inception
    Rush Hour (1 or 2)
    Shrek
    Finding Nemo
    Jerry Maguire
    Planet Earth
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    The Fall
    Wristcutters: A Love Story
    Everything Is Illuminated

• Options
    Steel Magnolias
    Mean Girls
    Old School
    Finding Nemo
    Halloween
    The Life of David Gale

• Options
    Superbad!
    Easy A
    StepBrothers
    Away We Go
    The Help
    Our Family Wedding
    Everybody's Fine
    (500) Days of Summer
    JuneBug
    Oprah Winfrey: 20th Anniversary

Yay movies!
  • Options
    Girly
    27 Dresses
    Sweet Home Alabama
    The Notebook
    The Cutting Edge

Comedy
    The Ugly Truth
    Old School
    Wedding Crashers
    Easy A
    Four Christmases

I'll be back with more in a bit. I actually have to work for a second

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Run Lola Run
    Lolita (the one with Jeremy Irons)
    Amelie
    Red
    500 Days of Summer

Black Beauty (1946 version with Mona Freeman is THE BEST EVER)

National Velvet

Secretariat

Dreamer

Seabiscuit

I really could go on and on and on, but I'll stop here for now and add more later...

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    AVATAR!!! I seriously love that movie. 

FI brought it home last night on Blu-Ray (we just got a PS3). I'm so excited to watch :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_favorite-movies-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:aaffffe3-d659-4a54-90bf-fa8b098b8a5cPost:3a073249-15b7-42ed-abab-3be2e790c1d6">Re: Favorite Movies, Please...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Movies, Please... : I am obsessed with Jay Baruchel. <strong> Have you seen Undeclared?</strong>  It was a series on Fox in 2001.  It was cancelled like halfway through, but it's pretty terrific.  Jason Segel has a really good role in it.  I have it on DVD and have probably seen each episode 5 or 6 times.  My go-to movie is Chicago.  I used to watch it to go to sleep in my bedroom in college when I didn't have a TV, just a computer.   Trainspotting. Ever After. Traffic. Boondock Saints. Reservoir Dogs.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I've heard of it. I have wanted to watch Undeclared and Freak and Geeks for awhile now, but I don't want to spend the money to buy the complete series of each and they aren't on any website like Netflix or Hulu.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_favorite-movies-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:aaffffe3-d659-4a54-90bf-fa8b098b8a5cPost:d6d00b5e-2374-438e-a830-0826c7aa0915">Re: Favorite Movies, Please...</a>:
    [QUOTE]AVATAR!!! I seriously love that movie.  FI brought it home last night on Blu-Ray (we just got a PS3). I'm so excited to watch :)
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

We just watched Avatar in Blu-Ray last night...it was amazing. Seriously.

All you ladies have awesome taste in movies. I need to log back in and add more into my que!
  • Options
    If it's a musical, I have watched it 1000 times.  Except Phantom.  Phantom on stage is way the heck more awesome :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_favorite-movies-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:aaffffe3-d659-4a54-90bf-fa8b098b8a5cPost:6a296411-70b1-4bb4-bd1b-98608c75b013">Re: Favorite Movies, Please...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it's a musical, I have watched it 1000 times.  Except Phantom.  Phantom on stage is way the heck more awesome :)
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

<div>How about Newsies? I loooove Newsies =)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_favorite-movies-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:aaffffe3-d659-4a54-90bf-fa8b098b8a5cPost:7fb3e0d9-9cbd-41e8-a9c6-07c1f61cfbe7">Re: Favorite Movies, Please...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Fall
     Wristcutters: A Love Story
     Everything Is Illuminated
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Who is in The Fall? Apparently there are a whole bunch of "The Fall" variations.
  • Options
    wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2012

Fight Club
    Boondock Saints
    Snatch
    Inception
    Saving Private Ryan
    The Departed
    O Brother Where Art Thou
    Forrest Gump
    Se7en
    Sabrina (with Audrey Hepburn)
    Star Wars
    Knocked Up
    Anchorman
    Moulin Rouge

I could list 1000 more!

I also love documentaries. The best thing about Netflix is the ample amount of documentaries. I don't even remember the titles of some of the awesome ones I've seen, I just check descriptions and add them to my queue if they sound interesting enough.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_favorite-movies-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:aaffffe3-d659-4a54-90bf-fa8b098b8a5cPost:e59d9d41-9de7-412e-a8b1-87073e7fa6fc">Re: Favorite Movies, Please...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Movies, Please... : Who is in The Fall? Apparently there are a whole bunch of "The Fall" variations.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Lee Pace

• Options
    To name a few:
    The princess bride
    Singin' In The Rain
    Casablanca
    Gone With The Wind
    The Notebook
    Wedding Crashers
    Billy Madison
    Devil Wear Prada