Wedding Woes

Dumb rant

I hate it when people who do not need macs buy macs and then complain that they don't work like their pcs. I have a cousin who only uses her computer for word processing, and every day on fb there's a rant on how much word for mac sucks.

The reason macs are cooler than pcs is because they're used for things that pcs just can't do well. If all you want to do is surf the internet and use microsoft products, save your money and buy a fcking pc.

I also hate it when someone posts "what computer should I get?" and all the mac fanboys and girls tell them they HAVE TO HAVE a mac. Again, I know you're only using it for facebook and printing coupons. Buy a $400 dell, and if you want to look like a cool kid, use the $1100 you saved to get some designer sunglasses.

Re: Dumb rant

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we'll never own a mac. DK has programmed for apple before and hates the company. I've been forced to use a mac at various times in the campus computer labs and wanted to shoot myself.
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a mac fan. I refuse to buy apple products.

I do have an ipod nano that DH bought me before our honeymoon so I could watch videos on the flights.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    But if you like your computer to not get fatal hard drive meltdowns when you look at it crosseyed, not have to spend half the day defragging because it's slower than molasses rolling uphill and power through minor software glitches and burps, then get a mac.

Waste the money on the PC for those PC specific applications when it must play with huge networks.

Love, mac owner.  But I do hate and complain about my work PC and Dells in general.  Useless piece of crap.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    You know for all the talk mac owners lay out about PC glitches, I've never had a one.  Sure hardware has gone bad, but all hardware goes bad eventually, even precious Macs do, that's not the fault of anything but time.

I've only heard DH recommend a mac to one person.  That was b/c this person is a professional DJ who gets MP3s from all over the known world and gets viruses left and right.  And it's not some super magical power of the Mac to not get a virus, it's simple supply-n-demand.  Viruses are written to go after lots of computers...not lots of people have Macs, so they don't write them for them.

For the rest, I'm with TD on this one.

• baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I have never, in all my years of using PCs, had a hard drive crash. 

Maybe I've been lucky; maybe it's my IT geek husband. But we've had more problems with the ridiculous fcking iPod than I've ever had with a PC, with Linux, with Android, hell, even with my lowly little Brother word processor back in the day. I will never buy Apple. 

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011

i love having access to both because i get the best of both.  however, i also get the worstest -- a work pc with majeur crashes and software updates, and a home mac that cannot read work email.  wait, not being able to work from home might be a plus.

what i HATE WITH THE HATE OF A FRILLION POP OFFS was when i had a pc and the rest of the department had macs and we could not share files.  why did we have pcs?  because our boss was scared of macs.  that moron should have had a pc and let all of us have macs.  it's been almost seven years and i still want to kick that woman in the box.

• dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dumb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:c0923e5b-e2a9-4433-b277-54f2902addd3Post:1ca7ca9a-fb6a-4fa1-9509-21cb438ca289">Re: Dumb rant</a>:
    [QUOTE] and a home mac that cannot read work email.  wait, not being able to work from home might be a plus.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

True, the bonus of a mac :D

Srsly, y'all need to work with the PC's I've had to put up with.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    the thing is -- the work pc is not the pc i would buy with my own money.  i would buy one that is better and i wouldn't have to put up with all this crashing bullsht.

luckily, our it department is super awesome and they also hate the computers, so they're always installing extra memory and upgrading monitors.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've had more harddrive crashes than I can count...
    I need to learn unix/linux/etc and run w/ that.

But, really, I won't own a mac because the gaming platforms arent' up to snuff.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To clarify, I am pretty much an Apple fangirl. I PPH my macs, and I will never go back to a PC. This has more to do with the fact that I don't have to spend 3 days uninstalling useless sht when I buy a mac, and we have macs that have been going strong for 5+ years, while I've never had a PC last more than 2. However, I'm not just a casual user, and I'm very computer literate.

Either machine will have its problems if you clutter up the hard drive or download sht from unknown sources. If you're a computer person, I'll recommend a mac to you every day of the week, but if you're a facebooker, you just don't need it.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Like you said, it's all about your needs.  I would rather shoot myself than use a MAC for work (when I worked).  The trainer loved the MAC because he put together all of the fancy training manuals.

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dumb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c0923e5b-e2a9-4433-b277-54f2902addd3Post:eff740ee-a6cf-413a-b8ae-46ee7f0608f2">Re: Dumb rant</a>:
    [QUOTE]To clarify, I am pretty much an Apple fangirl. I PPH my macs, and I will never go back to a PC. This has more to do with the fact that I don't have to spend 3 days uninstalling useless sht when I buy a mac, and we have macs that have been going strong for 5+ years, while I've never had a PC last more than 2. However, I'm not just a casual user, and I'm very computer literate. Either machine will have its problems if you clutter up the hard drive or download sht from unknown sources. <strong>If you're a computer person, I'll recommend a mac to you every day of the week,</strong> but if you're a facebooker, you just don't need it.
    Posted by TheDuckis[/QUOTE]

DK is a software engineer, and would never buy a mac
  • edited December 2011
    I have a Dell and a Mac, and I really only use the Mac for photobooth. But I like them both. Don't really have a complaint about either.

"I don't know guys, that's a really nice thing to have in your house. I have one similar saying written on the walls all over my quiet, neat, non-childproofed home. I have it in my brand new car as a decal on the window. I even wear it on a t-shirt for when I go out to dinner or hang out at a trendy bar or go on a relaxing vacation. "All because I use birth control." It still brings a tear to my eye..." SnarkyMcSnarkerson
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I can't be the only one who mentally added "...to wear at night" to your post.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards