Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

red velvet

too much for a bride's cake? The last wedding I went to the groom's cake was SO MUCH better than the bride's and although it's not a contest... I don't want mine to completely fall flat against his german chocolate:)

Re: red velvet

• Options
    edited December 2011

What do you mean by "too much"? Red velvet cake is delicious and very popular these days.

Of course, I don't like german chocolate so my opinion might be biased ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FI's grooms cake is going to be red velvet, his favorite, otherwise I would definitely have a tier of it in the wedding cake. There can never be enough red velvet!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh my Red Velvet with chocolate chip buttercream icing... mmmmm to die for and it is my wedding cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had red velvet from some of her wedding cake, and it was delicious. If you like red velvet, than I would definitely have it.

"Photo kids date computer geeks because they scare everyone else. Geeks are much more desperate"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Half of ours is red velvet (with white chocolate mousse! YUM!) It was my pick, the other half is yellow cake with strawberry and custard filling!

So I say go for it!
  • Options
    SarahL33SarahL33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's a great choice! That's what our display cake is(for the color and much as the flavor), and for our sheet cakes we got both red velvet and chocolate...both delicious!
    ****June 3rd, 2011 Moulin Rouge-vintage theme!!!**** Photobucket My daughters :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards