Christian Weddings

NWR - Show us your wild/crazy side!

Thought this would be fun!  What have you done, or wanted to do that is considered "Wild" or "Crazy"?

For me - I went skydiving in Las Vegas about 3 years ago!  It was an amazing experience - you go up over 10k feet in the air and the view is amazing!  And the first time you jump, you're attached to the instructor.  He said - I'll count to three and then we'll jump - of course he pushed me at 2 - lol!  We only did the free fall thing for about 3 seconds and then it felt like it took forever to actually get to the ground - about 5 minutes.  But I can say that I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane!

And I'm not done - I still want to go swimming with sharks.......
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR - Show us your wild/crazy side!

• edited December 2011

Sky diving is definitely on my bucket list...I just don't have any close friends/fam willing to go with me. I haven't done anything that even remotely compares...I will keep thinking.

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not very adventurous.  I would never go skydiving or bungee jumping.  I don't like heights and I think I'd freak out!  One time I went parasailing which I thought was okay because we weren't too high and we were over water so it would break a fall.  That's as close as I come to adventure.

Probably the craziest thing I've done was to take my 14 year old sister on a trip out west by myself (I was 25).  I drove 2800 miles while out there and didn't have a cell phone (and when you're driving around in Wyoming and Utah and see nothing for miles and miles, you might need one).  Looking back I think I was pretty crazy to do that, but then I realize that God was there to protect us.  Looking back I think it was one of the greatest things I've ever done though.
  • edited December 2011
    iamjoesgurl:  A cell phone probably wouldn't have been much help in Wyo anyway--there is probably more area covered by dead zones than places that get reception in this state!

I think the most adventurous thing I've done is go on a study abroad trip to Chile by myself.  I am not outgoing and like to stay in my comfort zone of people I know.  I went to Japan a couple of years before, but it was with a class from my school, and we were always together, at least with one other person.  And Japan is safe! 

But I did this study abroad by myself.  It was with an organized company--ISA--but I didn't know a single person when I boarded the plane to Santiago.  I lived in a host family, but by myself and not really near another student.  They warned us so much about being careful to not get mugged (to a lot of people, American=rich), so I was afraid to leave house on my own. 

Looking back, it seemed so out of character to just go to South America without any companions.  But I grew a lot during the experience and now I know that I am more independent than I once thought I was!
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... I'm a pretty quiet person.  Maybe the fact that I dated and am about to marry someone from another continent?  When I first starting dating my fiance and we had to do a long-distance relationship between the U.S. and Brazil, people thought we were crazy.  I saw gots lots of raised eyebrows.  Some even told us it wouldn't work.  But we proved them wrong!  Now they tell us we're great together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards