Illinois-Chicago

Wedding Brunch Venues in Chicago

My fiance and I are planning an upbeat wedding weekend in our hometown of Chicago. We want to do a brunch ceremony to keep costs down and pay homage to our favorite Saturday and Sunday morning luxury: lingering at a lovely bruch spot! Can anyone suggest fantastic places for a Brunch ceremony and reception for about 100 people.  

The plan is go have guests come in from out of town on Friday night and Saturday. I will have guest bags at the hotels that will have Chicago guides and suggested things to do and see.  I am also going to create a scavenger hunt for the downtown area and slip in disposable cameras.  I want our friends and family to take pictures at our favorite spots in Chicago. I will then develop these photos and include a bunch of them in a wedding book I will make and send as a favor to our guests. Then on Saturday night I want to have a casual but fun rehearsal dinner party at a place in Froest Park. This is where my fiance and I had our second date. We can have the private dining room and a cash bar. Or we will have it at his parents house. On Sunday I want to have a mid morning ceremony then an elegant brunch.  Sunday evening a small dinner with any out of town guests who've stayed and our parents.

Has anyone had experiences with something like this?  Can you give me tips and advice? Also, does it make more sense to have a Saturday brunch wedding then a big party afterwards on Saturday night?

Thank you!

Re: Wedding Brunch Venues in Chicago

• I'm curious to know where you ended up having your brunch wedding? I'm looking into brunch wedding as well, and would love to hear your experience!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards