New York-Western

Salon Help

Hey ladies,
I was wondering anyone has any reviews for salons to get my hair, makeup, and nails done for the wedding day. I planned on going to excuria on Main St, except all of their prices are a la carte, so no packages. Any thoughts?

Re: Salon Help

• Never been to Excuria so no information there. I went to Head of the Class on Main St. in Clarence. I think they have packages but I did everything al carte. My whole wedding party me plus 4 girls got hair and makeup done that morning. I went the day before with 2 of my girls and got manis/pedis. They did a lovely job and were super easy to work with. Hope that helps and good luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Blu Salon and Spa in Orchard Park. We just went for nails but they have bridal packages and a special party room if you'd like it. Here's a link to their services, the bridal packages are towards the bottom: http://www.bluspaandsalon.com/services.asp
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I got my hair and makeup done at Excuria for two of the weddings I was in over the last few years.  They were able to accomodate large groups (both weddings had around 10 bridesmaids) and they did a great job with everyones' hair, but I know that many of the girls weren't happy with their makeup. My mom actually went there to get her hair done there done for my wedding this summer.

For their makeup, they use Bare Minerals, which apparently isn't supposed to photograph as well as airbrush makeup, which many other salons offer--(I personally didn't notice a difference, even though I did use airbrush for mine). Anyway, I'm not sure about packages, but I know that some friends have gone to Morcelle, which is still on Main Street but further down the road, closer to Williamsville South High School. 

I ended up using Glam on Location, so Heather and her team came to my mom's house the morning of the wedding and did my hair and makeup as well as several of my bridesmaids. Everyone was really happy with everything and I think our pictures turned out great. :) 

Good luck making a decision!

Alison :)
  • Euphoria Salon in the Galleria Mall is great. I've been to Excuria before (not for the wedding) but I was very happy w/ their services.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards