Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

What did you have thrown at you?

Hey ladies, what did you have your guests throw/toss at you and your hubby or what are your plans? We are getting married outside and I was thinking that maybe bubbles or flower petals would be nice. MIL wants me to get heart shaped rice....
Any ideas/inspiration is welcomed :) thanks!
Anniversary

Re: What did you have thrown at you?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We will be doing bubbles, its an outdoor ceremony as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing anything, we can't do flowers or confetti or anything like that because my church doesn't allow it. We are having a saber arch though and had considered having everyone throwing paper airplanes since FI is a pilot.
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We didn't do anything. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our church has rules about what we can & can't do.  The only thing I possibly like would be leaves, for our fall themed, September wedding.  But to do that, they would have to be fake, which means someone has to pick them all up, or real, which means we could possibly get dirt all over us... I think we're just going to pass on this tradition!

I think for an outdoor ceremony bubbles would be great, or you could do ribbon wands also.  GL!  = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think we will have anything be thrown because our ceremony and reception are in the same place and it is in the winter so we probably won't leave the venue until the wedding is over.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Bubbles.
  • Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing bubbles, cause the pictures are so dang cute.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not 100% certain yet, but I think we're going to do lavender.  We'll see, it is sort of one of the last things on my list, so if I don't get to it, I don't get to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_did-thrown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:b0029c48-1180-4160-9053-fabce5781df1Post:47b88bd8-e208-4d8d-a7dd-d9a958d25664">Re: What did you have thrown at you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're not doing anything, we can't do flowers or confetti or anything like that because my church doesn't allow it. We are having a saber arch though and had considered having everyone throwing paper airplanes since FI is a pilot.
    Posted by MilitaryBride2Be[/QUOTE]

I love the paper airplane idea!

We're just doing bubbles, since there's no cleanup.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have pretty strict rules at our church too.  We could do bubbles, but I think we'll just skip this.
  • Options
    kmeinzkmeinz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry if this is threadjacking but for those of you who did bubbles did you worry about them staining you dress? I like the idea of bubbles but I'm terrified that the soap would leave stains.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking we probably won't do anything, but I am intrigued by some of the biodegradable options out there.  

I just saw a post about a product called "Rice Butterflies".  I think they are sold out of the UK (ricebutterflies.com) and I have to admit I do think they look pretty cool and they claim to have a flight time of 8 seconds :)

Rice+Butterflies_Lucija+and+Miha_08.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards