Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Need Alterations Recommendations

I purchased my gown as a Priscilla of Boston sample (Melissa Sweet - Mila). Since Priscilla of Boston has retired, I am extremely wary of alterations - obviously if anything happened, I would not be able to just have a new one ordered. I know my gown really needs alterations, but I don't know who to trust. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Need Alterations Recommendations

• The overwhelming response from this board will be Becky Fowler. She does an amazing job and would be able to help you, depending on her availability. Her go-to backup is usually Leighanna with Maybe Sew. I believe both of their contact info is in the vendor sticky up at the top of the board.
  • Nancy with Gowns of Grace is awesome also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shishigami26shishigami26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I have a related question. I bought my dress from David's Bridal (off the rack, not ordered), but left with the idea it might be cheaper to get altered elsewhere. How far before the wedding should I try to have it altered? Or how far in advance would I need to contact someone (aka Becky Fowler or one of the other mentioned on the vendor sticky), to try to have them work on it?
  • Davids Bridal will charge a LOT for alterations. It's one of the ways they make up for having cheaper dresses.

I called Becky for an appointment about 3 weeks in advance, and it took a month to get it altered. It may have been able to be done sooner, but I didn't need it before then so I told her to take the entire month.

DEFNITELY Becky Fowler all the way.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_need-alterations-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e911450-7d1c-43d3-bd6e-e51844cb54bcPost:9aab52a9-441e-4b47-9442-4363caff9196">Re: Need Alterations Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Davids Bridal will charge a LOT for alterations. It's one of the ways they make up for having cheaper dresses. I called Becky for an appointment about 3 weeks in advance, and it took a month to get it altered. It may have been able to be done sooner, but I didn't need it before then so I told her to take the entire month. DEFNITELY Becky Fowler all the way.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks!
  • I also used Becky, and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED her.

As far as timing goes,  I would contact her ASAP just to get on her radar, and she can tell you when would be the best time to bring it in, as I know a few of the past ladies on here contacted her and she was already "booked" and couldn't fit them in.
  • I got my dress at David's also and I will be using Becky Fowler for alterations. I emailed her about 3 weeks ago to get an esitmation on when to set my appointment. I know she gets very busy during the spring months. I will contact her again after the 1st of the year to set my appointment with her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, Becky is not afraid to say she's got too many dresses to work on, but when she can't do a dress, she recommends LeighAnna with Maybe Sew.
    Anniversary

• Another vote for Becky if you can get her.  She did my dress last week and she's amazing!!
  • Go with Becky! 
    I just had my appointment with her last week, and she's a doll.  So, so affordable especially since my dress is lace & has a ton of alterations.
    I am not from Dallas & I don't have family or super-close friends here, so she even helped me pick my shoes!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_need-alterations-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e911450-7d1c-43d3-bd6e-e51844cb54bcPost:ddadb898-8edd-4898-8d35-cbe5a698a05a">Re: Need Alterations Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go with Becky!  I just had my appointment with her last week, and she's a doll.  So, so affordable especially since my dress is lace & has a ton of alterations. I am not from Dallas & I don't have family or super-close friends here, so she even helped me pick my shoes!
    Posted by jillrenee&brett[/QUOTE]

Feel free to chat with the girls here anytime.  We love to help.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards