Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Rehersal Dinner

I am in need of a place for my rehersal dinner in the end of July (so not outdoors in the 100 degree heat) in or near downtown for around $15 pp. This should be the easiest part for me since I'm a concierge, but I'm finding it very difficult. I noticed Azelia used the Londoner so I'm going to talk to them, but I figured others might have little places like that in mind. This will be for about 20 ppl. Thanks for the imput!

Edit: Sorry downtown Dallas!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehersal Dinner

• We are using Angelo's, which is in Lakewood. They have an upstairs room that fits up to 50. TBH, we haven't been there, just read a few reviews and were sold. You get to pick your own menu items for your guests to choose from, and you just pay the bill at the end based on what everyone orders.
    Granted, depending on what you're wanting to do with alcohol, this could raise the price a bit.
  • Wendi had hers at the Campisi's in Downtown.
  • We're having ours at Il Cane Rosso (mmm pizza!). They recently added on a private party room off to the side which could easily fit 20ppl and you can customize the menu.
  • Mine was the same as CWaggoner posted- private, upstairs, made our own menu, and just paid the bill at the end of the night. We ended up at 16$pp including tax and gratuity (33 guests). This included appetizers and main courses. For apps, we did a chips and salsa party platter, hummus party platter, cheese plate, fruit and nut plate, veggie skewers, and salad. For main courses, we offered 5 options including 2 vegetarian (we have a lot of friends who are vegetarian). The shepherds pie and fish and chips were big hit. TBH, DH and I didn't even order dinners because we were so full from the party platters. And we had people take stuff home with them! 

If our budget was larger, we would have done an open bar. We had a cash bar and no one seemed to mind. 

Other options you might consider: Saint Ann's bistro, Sonny Bryan's downtown, The Commisary (AWESOME burger place in the Art's district), Moncia's Aca y Alla, Blue Mesa, Gloria's. Angelo's in Lakewood is also a great choice! 
  • edited May 2012
    Shannon, I called them earlier because I would love to have it there and they said they could only do early like at 5 or late at 9. Did you encounter this or know who I should talk to?

Azelia, great ideas too! Thank you guys, oh and Monicas is closing soon FYI and moving to cedar springs area
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_rehersal-dinner-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e70bfd8-a80a-4aee-bbf0-c4d9bc7cb52cPost:a6390749-3534-4796-b4da-6bc32739bf27">Re: Rehersal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shannon, I called them earlier because I would love to have it there and they said they could only do early like at 5 or late at 9. Did you encounter this or know who I should talk to? Azelia, great ideas too! Thank you guys, <strong>oh and Monicas is closing soon FYI and moving to cedar springs area
    </strong>Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]

Yippee!  I love Monica's, just not their current location. 

I threw a party last year at Pappadeux on Oak Lawn and they have some great private rooms with no minimum or fee.  We did a heavy appetizer buffet and it was $17/pp and was a ton of food and we were allowed to bring in a cake. The rooms have private entrances and bathrooms and a bar is an option.  We had around 25 people at our party. They were setting up an RD the day I booked our party.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_rehersal-dinner-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e70bfd8-a80a-4aee-bbf0-c4d9bc7cb52cPost:a6390749-3534-4796-b4da-6bc32739bf27">Re: Rehersal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shannon, I called them earlier because I would love to have it there and they said they could only do early like at 5 or late at 9. Did you encounter this or know who I should talk to? Azelia, great ideas too! Thank you guys, oh and <strong>Monicas is closing soon FYI and moving to cedar springs area</strong>
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]
    whaaaaaa??? Sad day. I love their current place (as a building) but I agree Stephie, not the location. As long as they continue to have cheap margaritas and live music, I do not care. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_rehersal-dinner-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e70bfd8-a80a-4aee-bbf0-c4d9bc7cb52cPost:98a7640f-c4a9-42bd-aa2d-bd409712931a">Re: Rehersal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehersal Dinner : whaaaaaa??? Sad day. I love their current place (as a building) but I agree Stephie, not the location. As long as they continue to have cheap margaritas and live music, I do not care. 
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

Knowing Monicas and Cedar Springs...it will be lively with music! It won't be Aca Y alla but Monicas Nueva Concina in the place where Sushi Axiom used to be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_rehersal-dinner-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e70bfd8-a80a-4aee-bbf0-c4d9bc7cb52cPost:98a7640f-c4a9-42bd-aa2d-bd409712931a">Re: Rehersal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehersal Dinner : whaaaaaa??? Sad day. I love their current place (as a building) but I agree Stephie, not the location. As long as they continue to have cheap margaritas and live music, I do not care. 
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, I just read where they are moving to and it looks to be alot more upscale.  I hope it doesn't change much, *sigh.*

<a href="http://eatsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/05/if-youve-been-following-whats.html/" rel="nofollow">http://eatsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/05/if-youve-been-following-whats.html/</a>
  • Sonny Bryan's uptown location should be able to accomodate that amount of people. We used their catering service for our RD and they were great. They have three tiers of per-person pricing depending on how many meats you want to have served. 1-$9.99, 2-$10.99 and 3-$11.99 which includes cole slaw, potato salad, rolls, cookies and serveware. You can add drinks and dessert, both at an additional $1 per person. We had a lot of OOT guests attend, so we wanted to have something 'Texas' themed. We ordered personalized hot sauce from TK (it really does taste good, surprisingly enough) and decorated with red and white checkered picnic tablecloths and cacti. Not everyone's bag, but it was fun and yummy :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_rehersal-dinner-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e70bfd8-a80a-4aee-bbf0-c4d9bc7cb52cPost:a6390749-3534-4796-b4da-6bc32739bf27">Re: Rehersal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shannon, I called them earlier because I would love to have it there and they said they could only do early like at 5 or late at 9. Did you encounter this or know who I should talk to? Azelia, great ideas too! Thank you guys, oh and Monicas is closing soon FYI and moving to cedar springs area
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that's odd. I've PM'd you the contact info for who I booked with. She is currently planning a wedding too so she can take a while to get back to you sometimes :)
  • Mine was at Times Ten Cellar in Lakewood and we had food catered in from Celebration.  I think Celebration would definitely be in your budget, but I think the rental for the party room at X10 was high.  If you're having a small RD, you could probably just have them block off part of the main building, which I see them do all the time.  I was actually a little sad that we had such a huge guest list for our RD, because I've seen parties in their barrel room that look SO fun!
    Anniversary

• Monica's is moving AND changing?!?! Oh, this is such a sad day.  I love their queso blanco and their Mexican lasagna. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Ojeda's Tex Mex on Maple Ave. (they can set up 2 long tables in the back room, but not private room). I had mine there and my mom got mariachi's to perform, but that's an extra $500. Definitely in budget if you do not include alcohol.

Other options, El Fenix downtown, Campisis

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards