Ohio-Columbus

Royal Wedding

Kate looked lovely! Her McQueen dress was soooo lovely and simple. Understated elegance. The fact that she wore a drop veil (the veil style I am wearing) was a hint to modern brides, but amped up the royalty factor with her Cartier tiara.

I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

Re: Royal Wedding

• edited December 2011
    so glad to know what kind of veil that is. i HATE veils usually but hers was PERFECT.
    i agree it was amazing :)
  • edited December 2011
    She is just so beautiful!

The dress was very simple and understated, I thought it was going to be much more than that.
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the dress and the veil, and I also loved her earrings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • edited December 2011
    I loooooved her entire look! I'm so glad that some speculators were wrong when they said 1. she wouldn't wear a tiara and 2. she would wear a sleek dress. 

I think that dress is amazing, very Grace Kelly! It flattered her to perfection.  She's so gorgeous.  It is also rumored that she did her own make up! Wow...that's all I can say about that!
  • edited December 2011
    I absolutely LOVED the veil and dress.  So sad that Alexander McQueen is no longer alive to see what his house of design can accomplish. The drop veil went perfect with her tiara selection.  I also loved her bridal bouquet.  Small, delicate and extremely classy,.  Beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wasn't into the Royal Wedding at first but the pictures roped me in! So elegant and classy. I want to have a Royal Wedding :) I really loved her sister's dress.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    She looked so beautiful, classic, and amazing!  I think that that's the type of dress that will stand the test of time. 
    Did anyone else get super excited for their wedding while watching this?  It made me soooooo excited!
  • csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loved it all!  I was late to work because I couldn't tear myself away from the TV even though I had the DVR going.

My favorite part was when Harry turned around to check her out and I think then told William "wait until you see her".
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    kiya, it made me excited for my own wedding and i'm not even engaged yet! cross your fingers it happens this weekend (we've had the ring for 2 weeks now...)
  • lstirn327lstirn327 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved when William and Kate were standing there and he told her that she looked beautiful.  I agree watching the wedding made me more excited to plan mine now.
  • edited December 2011

She changed into a second dress for the late reception:

She is so stunning!

• edited December 2011
    loved the second dress too... so beautiful! Did you see the cake? It was HUGE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • edited December 2011

They had two cakes! One that was a bizillion feet, and then a smaller (but still bigger than my cake) chocolate biscuit cake! They were both beautifully done.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards