Oklahoma
Options

Help DIY Brides!

I'm on a budget wedding so I'm trying to cut costs where I can. I have decided on a few things that I can do myself, like my veil and garter.. but I need more ideas for other things that I can do! :)
Thanks
Victoria from Tulsa

Re: Help DIY Brides!

• Options
    CelerityCelerity member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Centerpieces can be done yourself (and still look beautiful), bows (buy a kit and extra ribbon in the colors you want), invitations, the possibilities are endless! I'm doing 99% of my wedding DIY with the help of my MOH. Hope this helps! If you need any ideas or how too's just PM me! I'll help when I can!
    How long till your wedding? That also can put a damper on DIY stuffs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Time is def the key!!!  I am also DIYing 90% of my wedding.  

We are DIYing our
    Invitations
    Guest Book
    my dress
    BM dress
    BM gifts
    Flower girl dress and gift
    Centerpieces
    possibly bouquets 

My mom, the one who can sew lol, is a great help.
    But I also have 6 1/2 more months to plan and create masterpieces.

So time is DEF the key.

Good luck.  If you need help with ideas.  Don't be scared to ask.
  • Options
    lwoods1923lwoods1923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have experience with DIY bridal bouquets?  I'm considering doing this, but I'm sort of afraid to try!  I'm also wondering if it would really save that much money in the end...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing my bouquet using flowers from Michaels (they and Hobby Lobby have a lot of selection and also usually 40-50% off coupons weekly). the cost depends on how big you want your bouquet to be and how many you are making. The bunches usually are around $5 and I am using 4 bunches of hydrengas and 2 bunches of lillies so 6 bunches= $30 - 40% discount= $18 plus ribbon. Its a definite savings and you can find some flowers that look really gorgeous and great colors without the worry of wilting etc. It gives you lots of time to make sure you have it right and of course you can keep it forever!
  • Options
    TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did DIY bouquets and bouts and corsages!

If you are in OKC or are willing to travel to OKC, go to Basket Market on Meridian and buy your flowers there!  You can get them in bulk and they always have sales!!!  They are an off-shoot of Hobby Lobby, so it's the same quality flowers, but at wholesale prices.

Bouts:

Bouquets:

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards