DC

Cigar Bar

sunni96sunni96 member
First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper First Answer
I am having a vintage inspired wedding and thought about having a Cigar Bar for the fellas. I saw this on a episode of Four Weddings and I was wondering if anyone has thought about having one, had one, or has been to a wedding that had one? I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cigar Bar

• Hi Isunni96,

I worked catering at a wedding earlier this month that had a cigar bar. The bride and groom turned the side porch of the Victorian house they rented into a lounge area and laid out boxes of complimentary cigars and wooden matchboxes printed with their names and wedding date. I thought it was very classy and it got a lot of use from the gents. I mentioned it to my fiance when I got home and he LOVED it and insisted on having one at our wedding, too. 

I think what made it work was that it was out of the way on the porch, so non-smoking guests didn't have to walk through cigar smoke on the way to the bathroom or smell it while they were eating their wedding cake. 

Hope that helps.

L. V. 

• I let Mr. LK have at it in the cigar store and he purchased a large assortment of cigars that we had set out under the pergola along with a server pouring a variety of 12 and 15 year scotches. It was a hit with our crowd.
  • Thanks everyone! Sounds like we will do it then. I am having two bars, one inside the mansion and one outside so I think having a cigar table with the outside bar would be great. Thanks everyone for the input and helping me make the decision.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • so jealous! I saw it on 4weddings too and i wanted it so bad... cant convince the FI to do it (which surprises me)
  • That is shocking! It seems that the gents are the ones that would really appreciate it. I hope he comes around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards