Texas-Houston

January 2013 indoor reception/wedding location ideas

Hey everyone!

Looking into venues for the ceremony and reception (same place preferably) for a January 2013 wedding in the Houston area. Butler's Courtyard seems like a good fit, but I don't know about having the ceremony and reception both in the same room. Do they just send you and the guests out during cocktails so they can set up? And it almost looks as if some guests won't be able to see the bride and groom at the altar because of two big pillars near the front. Any experienced guests or brides that have been there know?
I'm VERY new to this and have not begun planning anything until now. Willing to hear any other ideas for indoor wedding ceremony/reception areas as well for the area. My fiance and I aren't exactly high-fashion "fancy schmancy" people either, and really just want a beatiful background or location within a reasonable budget for close family and friends. Thanks in advance!

Re: January 2013 indoor reception/wedding location ideas

• We got married at Chateau Crystale which has 2 ballrooms to choose from, the prices were reasonable, ceremony and reception were in the same room
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Do you know how many people you will be inviting and do you have a specific budget? We can help you a bunch more with that info. :)
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• First, I wouldn't gage what you can afford on the "$$" rating on TheKnot's website. A lot of those venues are thousands of dollars away from each other.  You will have better luck depending on the venue's actual websites for pricing.

If you want to stay in the League City area you can also look at Centurion Palace. I know they are able to do indoor ceremonies at their venue. However if you are willing to go outside that area places that have dedicated ceremony places within their venue are places like Heather's Glen (Conroe) and Ashton Gardens ($$$).

And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• We've just decided on South Shore Harbour Country Club in League City. We're in Houston, but we loved the place just that much. You can have the ceremony and reception in seperate rooms, or you can have the ceremony outside (don't know how feasible that is in January though). It has a beautiful view, and its a very nice place. We're booking during a special that ends on Friday, so we're getting ceremony, 30 minute cocktail reception (with passed hour d'ourves and champagne), reception, cake from Cakes by Gina, and upgraded linens. Our guest list is around 150 people. We're gonna spend just over 10K, but I think thats an excellent deal for the value.
  • Ended up going with The Lyceum in Galveston for both reception and ceremony. Thanks everyone for the comments and ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards