Colorado-Denver

Help me pick my venue!

We have narrowed it down to two choices: Arrowhead golf club in littleton and Inverness Hotel in englewood. Both are the same price for the dates we are choosing.

Pros about arrowhead
- gorgeous views!!!

Concerns about arrowhead
- hotel not on site (although a shuttle is supposedly available)
- I've read reviews that the food is terrible (but have not tried it)
- I heard complaints about the golf carts driving past during ceremony
- I've heard complaints about having to wait for golfers when taking our pictures (my fiance thinks these last two are null and void because we are having a 6pm ceremony)
- not as convenient for out of town guests (which is most)

Pros about Inverness
- hotel, ceremony, reception, and bars/restaurants are all in one location
- wedding cake included
- more convenient for out of town guests
- heard great reviews about the food

Cons about Inverness
- no dance floor. Only concrete.
- not quite as beautiful as arrowhead but still gorgeous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help me pick my venue!

• edited December 2011
    i have heard the same things about arrowhead, which, also is more expensive.

i would pick the one that is more convenient to guests
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Inverness is more central for you and your guests.

Can you have a dance floor set up?

Also is there a way to have some of your pictures taken at Arrowhead earlier in the day?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_pick-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:05632f69-f57a-496a-853d-a16d82c27dc3Post:2dc02bce-53c9-4742-be57-b741721bf84f">Re: Help me pick my venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Inverness is more central for you and your guests. Can you have a dance floor set up? Also is there a way to have some of your pictures taken at Arrowhead earlier in the day?
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

No there is room for a dancing on concrete in the tent outside but they cannot set up a dance floor because of drainage in the floor. Its not flat and they say its dangerous to set a floor down. My fiance has concerns about girls dancing either in heels or barefoot on concrete. Especially since I really want dancing at my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

If you are on the fence, look at your list of pros and cons.

Arrowhead:
    1 Pro
    5 Cons

Inverness:
    4 Pro
    1.5 Con (I count the one as a half con, since you said it is still beautiful ;-)
  • jamers601jamers601 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a lot of people provide flip flops as favors so that you wouldn't have to worry about barefoot/heels.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Arrowhead this past June. I had a 6 pm ceremony and was the one who complained about the golfcarts whizzing by during our ceremony. We also had to wait for golfers on the course. Basically, if there is light, there will be golfers. Especially if it's as nice a day as I had;). However, the food and service was fantastic! No complaints there! We made our complaints about the golfers and carts known, so maybe they made some changes. Plus the views in your pics are worth mire than anything. Good luck with your decision, sounds like you can't go wrong :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Red Rocks Country Club instead of Arrowhead they have similar terrain for pictures
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards