Moms and Maids

What can I give my mom?

My mom has indicated to me that she doesn't want a corsage. She has implied that she thinks they are old lady, but I can't tell if she is serious or not since she wouldnt give me a straight answer when I asked her flat out if she would prefer not to wear one.
My mom is walking me down the aisle, so I am wondering if maybe instead I should think about getting her a bracelet or somthing else instead?? I don't want the wedding day to show up and not have given her something or made her feel that I want her to wear the corsage if she doesnt want to, I really don't care if she doesn't want to wear it, but I do want to give her something special the day of.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What can I give my mom?

• edited December 2011
    A locket to wear? with a pic of you as a baby and the other a pic of FI and you, with a message engraved on the back possible?? Wonder if maybe she is saying that so you will "shine" brighter next to her :)  If I was walking my daughter down the Isle I would definatly think about that.
  • ajweden84ajweden84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom and future mother in law are both carrying 2 red roses down the aisle - our florist suggested as something different and I jumped on the idea! I love it!  We'll also be getting them something else but just thought this was a great idea! : )
  • edited December 2011
    I really do like the idea of a locket...but I do remember she used to have a charm bracelet that she really loved from back in the 70's and it was stolen when I was really young and she still mentions it sometimes. Maybe I can start her a new one? Does that sound like a good idea?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The charm bracelet is a great idea, since you know that she likes them. It would be a wonderful keepsake and you'll be able to add to it, in the future.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_can-give-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:5222961d-85b1-43ae-b94c-a7cd171c5acfPost:294afe43-f8ae-4c23-b6d8-c3560a7eb5ee">Re: What can I give my mom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really do like the idea of a locket...but I do remember she used to have a charm bracelet that she really loved from back in the 70's and it was stolen when I was really young and she still mentions it sometimes. Maybe I can start her a new one? Does that sound like a good idea?
    Posted by mrsjustinm2b[/QUOTE]

Love the charm bracelet idea as well :)
  • AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Charm bracelet is a wonderful idea. I'm sure your mom will love it!
  • edited December 2011
    sweet! thanks ladies! new charm braclet it is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards