Favors

DIY Favors - Clay pots

Hi,

Need suggestions to know if this is a good idea...

I plan to make pots as favors for my guests to take away with a thank you card attached. The pots are going to be around 5 inches tall and probably be more likes vases...

Any suggestions if this is a good idea as it could a little time consuming but I know I love doing it.... Help!

Re: DIY Favors - Clay pots

• edited December 2011
    I fogot to mention I need to make a little over 250 pots! We're expecting around 400 guests!
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I were travelling I probably wouldn't take one, for fear of breaking in transit.
    Anniversary
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as they aren't personalized, it sounds good.  It's not hard to wrap up a five inch pot/vase in some clothes and put it in a susitcase if you are travelling.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    I have thought about doing clay pots (maybe smaller than what you suggested), and either grow a few red flowers in each or include flower seeds. Haven't decided yet, though.
  • edited December 2011
    hey thanks for allt he feedback!

loved the flower seeds idea... will try and incorporate!

I plan to do just a few first to find out how much they will weigh after firing... then I'll consider making them smaller if required.

I was hoping that the guests could use the pots / vases for other stuff also besides just flowers / planting.

Probably keep some trinkets on the dressing table or some candy on the coffee table...

Im making them in Black clay, so the finished product will come out in white. i then plan to tie a ribbon of my color motif with the thank you card.

will try and upload a picture once ready... thanks for all the support
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! good for you.. i throw pottery too and would love to do something like that but i dont have the space! thats going to be a whole lot of work! good for you, and good luck!
    Sept 2011 Feb...
    imageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards