Hawaii

Oahu wedding reviews and PIP

jtolyjtoly member
First Comment
Hello Ladies, I hope you find these reviews helpful.  Although I didn't have a huge wedding or even a reception, reviews always help!

Kathy Porter seamstress~ A-~ she was so nice and told me a lot about the Island and was the 2nd person to tell me NOT to get married on Waikiki, which is what our plans were (more on that below).  She did my gown and DHs linen suit the day before the wedding.  I did notice when I got dressed that the bust area still had a wrinkle that I hoped would come out.  I don't remember her doing that area but I could be wrong.  I actually had to iron DHs suit 10 minutes before we left because it was all wrinkled again.  It was hung in the closet away from all clothes so I'm not sure if it was the material that just wrinkles when not even worn.  Im so glad I looked at the suit before he put it on.

Sarah La Glam~A~ She did my hair and makeup.  I didn't have a trial because I had no time but I did show her a pic, she was close but I didn't care for the top of my hair.  I didn't care too much to have it changed.  My makeup was exactly like I showed her in the pics.  I loved it.   I tried fake eyelashes and fell in love with them.  I wore them all day, night, and even slept with them on.  The lipstick didn't stay on though and I forgot to re-apply throughout my pics so most pics didn't look like I had any on.  She used airbrush foundation on me which I never used before.  The color was dead on but I could've used a little more coverage on a promblem area I was getting over due to my facial 3 weeks prior.

Erwin-Eresphotography.com A+  He did our ceremony(10 AM) and sunset pics.  He was so awesome to work with.  He was fun and creative.  DH hates getting pics taken but Erwin was awesome!  Not only did he had sneak peeks for me 2 days after our wedding, he had all our pics done and the disc was delivered to my hotel before I left Hawaii. (I did pay $55 extra to get them so soon).

Rev. Rosemary Hill @ myhawaiiwedding.com~A++++~  She was our Reverend and WC.  She hired our limo driver, photographer, ordered and picked up or Leis.  She was AMAZING since day1.  Anytime I called her or emailed her, I heard right back from her that day.  She performed a short and simple ceremony which is exactly what we wanted.

Originally we decided to get married on Waikiki beach in front of our hotel (Hale Koa).  She advised me that maybe somewhere private would be better but for some reason I didn't think this through.  My package included a 2 hour limo drive after our ceremony but instead we decided to have the limo pick us up and go to Waialae Beach for the ceremony.  I called Rev. Rosemary the day before my wedding and changed my mind 2x.  She was so kind and made all calls to change my request.  I couldn't be happier with our decision.

If anyone has any questions let me know!

~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Oahu wedding reviews and PIP

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I forgot one more important person.  Sri @ Hale Koa flowers.  I wanted blue orchids and since they don't exist, it was hard to find them.  I talked to Sri and showed him the pic in my siggy and he spray painted my flowers blue for me.  They looked exactly like the ones above.  The color didn't run or fade and they weren't even dead when we left.  They were absoultely perfect and a great price.  A++++
  • Thanks for the reviews!  Sounds like you had a lovely time, congratulations!!
  • Congratulations! Another fellow bride, I am so happy everything went well. Make sure to post more photos when you receive them. You looked gorgeous. :)
  • You looked absolutely stunning!!  So glad you moved to another beach too, Waikiki is just too darn busy and people aren't nearly as considerate as you would hope they would be during a wedding.  Glad you had a great day!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Thanks ladies!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_oahu-wedding-reviews-and-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:f5153622-0f56-4b83-9b41-7fa0fe65ae90Post:1e2e7099-8f78-4dbb-b5d9-019f37604b35">Re: Oahu wedding reviews and PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies!!
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

Aw, so lovely! I'm so glad everything was such a success!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards