Chinese Weddings

Chinese wedding planner in Toronto area

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows of any Chinese wedding planners in the Toronto area? Some googling brought me to one called Devoted to You, but I'd like to have the option of interviewing at least a couple of people before choosing. My fiancé is Chinese (born in HK), while I'm probably best described as "plain white" and have no culture to speak of, plus his family is at least 30x the size of mine, so we're going to do the Chinese banquet. But he's kind of useless when it comes to details about his culture, and his parents are trying so hard not to be pushy that I'm afraid I won't get enough feedback from them. (For instance, if they know that the food at a hall that I'm considering isn't very good, they wouldn't tell me for fear of being too demanding.) I know, I know - here come the violins for the in-laws who aren't pushy enough! :)I would appreciate any recommendations.... Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Chinese wedding planner in Toronto area

• rmarushiarmarushia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Actually, I can recommend a great wedding planner that would be just perfect for your situation! Double Happiness Events is run by Shirley Lo-Cadotte, who is herself of Chinese descent and married to a "plain white" Canadian! She speaks Cantonese, and no one could have a better perspective on the cultural aspects of both Chinese and western weddings. Full disclosure: Shirley and her family are friends of mine, but as a friend I can attest to her warm personality and total commitment to her clients. I didn't know Shirley when I chose my own wedding planner, but if I had I certainly would have hired her myself! You can reach Shirley through her website at http://doublehappinessevents.ca/ . Hope she works out for you, and best wishes for your wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Dougie,This is Carmen from Devoted to You. We're not sure if you've submitted an inquiry to us as we've received one last month with no contact information. If this is you, or if you are interested in our services, please contact us. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, this is a representative from Romantic Kingdom. We provide local wedding and destination wedding services in Toronto, Hong Kong and Shanghai. Our services include makeup & hair, wedding planning, pre-wedding and wedding day photography and cinematography. You can get more information from our website
    www.romantickingdom.com
  • bridalstuffbridalstuff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm located in Toronto but will travel elsewhere like NYC, LA, if required.  Please see my blog at www.AsianFusionWeddings.com. East Marries West for True Double Happiness!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards