July 2010 Weddings

Rehearsal Party & FI's Bachelor party

We held our rehearsal dinner/cookout yesterday and everything turned out great, aside from a few down pours.  I was beyond happy when I saw my MOH walk into our yard.   I'm still not entirely sure why she was so resistant to coming, but I made my day.  If she didn't come, that was not going to ruin it for me, but she and her kids came and looked like they enjoyed themselves.  We handed out our cards and gifts to our wedding party.  The girls cried of course.
The guys took FI out for his bachelor party. OH BOY haha.  My SIL and one of my BM's hung out with me til 3am, waiting for the guys to drop FI off.   FI doesn't let loose very often.  He will have a few drinks on occasion, but I told the guys to make sure he had a really good time.  They took him to dinner at a sports bar and then out to play pool and go bowling.  FI could barely stand when he came in the house.  But they had LOTS of laughs.  Everyone hung out here until about 4am.  I fell asleep and had a power nap from 5 -8:30am, and now I am on "mommy" duty.
I was so emotional saying goodbye to everyone yesterday, each time they said "see you on Friday!" 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Stepmom to: Lizzie (4); Justin (10); and Cameron (13)
Mom to 3 angels: Baby 1 MC 2/13/09 @ 7 wks; Baby 2 CP 11/5/10 @ 5 wks;
and Brendan - Late Loss 4/27/11 @ 20 wks

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: Rehearsal Party & FI's Bachelor party

• LabrnrLabrnr
    500 Comments
    Aw, sounds like a good time.

You had your rehearsal early, or is that common in your area?  We have always doen it the day before.  Not that it matters, just curious.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Woohoo for a fun time.  Glad your MOH was able to make it after all.
  • Its not typical around here.  Our actual rehearsal is onsite the night before, but we couldn't do it any earlier than 6pm.  And since most of my wedding party is married with kids, we didn't want to keep their families out too late, let alone ourselves. We also have kids.  Our wedding is on a Friday, and our rehearsal is scheduled for Thursday.  So we decided we'd just have a pool party/ cookout the weekend before so everyone could just kind of show up and leave at their own leisure.  This way just the WP needs to show up for the ceremony rehearsal, and then they can go home and relax.  Our WP seemed to like this idea very much. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Stepmom to: Lizzie (4); Justin (10); and Cameron (13)
    Mom to 3 angels: Baby 1 MC 2/13/09 @ 7 wks; Baby 2 CP 11/5/10 @ 5 wks;
    and Brendan - Late Loss 4/27/11 @ 20 wks

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • That sounds like it was a great plan, glad it worked out! We are doing a rehearsal lunch for the same reason, there are 9 kids in our BP and we didn't want to keep them out late the night before. I'm so glad that your MOH showed up and that you had such a great day! Enjoy the day with your stepkids!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • what a fun night!  i am so glad you MOH ended up coming to the cookout!  glad everything worked out so well for you!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Oo sounds like you had a great night..I love the idea of having it ahead of time. And so happy your MOH showed! =)
    image image 272 - Invited image 4 - Taking their Sweet Time image 203 - Ready to Celebrate! image 65 - Party Poopers Wedding Countdown Ticker July 31, 2010 - Planning Bio Wedding Blog - Planning for Eternity<3</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards