Maryland-Baltimore

Ceremony/Reception Venue Help!

I'm looking for a nice venue where I can have both my ceremony and my reception but not necessarily in the same exact space, maybe two different rooms. The guest list will be under 75 and it has to have room for a dance floor. I'm not really into historical venues, we're more of an "urban chic" couple so I'm looking for something with a little "umph" to it!

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony/Reception Venue Help!

• Do you have a specific budget in mind? Do you have a lot of people coming in from out of town and need a hotel space?
  • I don't have a total budget yet becausee I'm just getting into figuring out how much things typically cost but I will say that the wedding will be on the smaller side, 50-75 people. Hotel space would be a bonus but not necessary.

• Hello, my name is Dina Harris and I work as an event coordinator for Sweet Sensations LLC. Knowing what kind of budget you have would help alot, but here are a couple of suggestions. 

There is a place called the Gala Center in Windsor mills, they have two seperate rooms, one that would definately work for a ceremony with your guest count and the other for a reception hal. The reception hall is pretty huge so you would have a good amout of space to move around. They charge $1000 for just the reception part and $1500 for both rooms. Those prices are by the day too, so you can come in as early as you want to set up and stay as late as you want. The only things that sucks is they dont have a full kitchen, so the caterer would have to know that they need to either bring in equipment or prepare ahead of time. There are only warmers and fridges, no ovens or stoves. And you have to go in the reception and bang a quick left to get to the ceremony part, so you would need to get a couple of pipe and drape walls to block their view of the reception.

Also have you checked out the Diamond Center in Randallstown? They charge $1275 for 5 hrs for the event and a 2 hr set up time prior. They also have two rooms, the ceremony part is really nice, with mirrors lining the whole walls. Its definately big enough for 75 guests and the reception hall part is huge too. A few perks about them is that im pretty sure they have a full kitchen, the ceremony part has its own enterance, so, you dont have to put up drapes to block them from seeing the reception part. It also has a bar area built in and really cheap unlimited ice fees.

For the other things involving your wedding besides the venue, I apologize, because I am biased, but Sweet Sensations LLC does offer alot of wedding services and at lower rates than most companies. They also offer discounts on your food and alcohol, when you book them for other services. The more services you book with them, the bigger discount you get. Up to 20%!!! For about $25/person, they can offer you a buffet style dinner, with a chicken, beef, and pork entrees, 4 starch sides, 3 green sides, a salad course, hot and cold appetizers, unlimited drinks ( punches, flavored teas, flavored lemonades, sodas, etc) and a dessert table or tiered wedding cake! That price also includes all of your flatware, stemware and  dinnerware. That price includes personalized napkins, a free 6" cake to the bride and groom for their honeymoon, take home platters and free sparkling cider for toasting. That 25$/person doesnt include the discount, so that can become lower too.  Feel free to check out their website at www.sweetsensationsllc.com or if you have any questions or need help with anything, you can call me anytime. - 443.890.1191. Thanks and have a blessed 2012!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_ceremonyreception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:730335de-6eda-4e42-b965-1612af875295Post:e34f4a6e-21ca-4b83-95a7-f69712ea8724">Ceremony/Reception Venue Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for a nice venue where I can have both my ceremony and my reception but not necessarily in the same exact space, maybe two different rooms. The guest list will be under 75 and it has to have room for a dance floor. I'm not really into historical venues, we're more of an "urban chic" couple so I'm looking for something with a little "umph" to it! Thanks!
    Posted by Shoeluvr1[/QUOTE]

I know of a Bridal Show that is in the vineyards on the Eastern Shore..Great venue!!    Only $5 admission with over 30 vendors and door prizes every 15 minutes.  Oh, and don't forget the wine and food sampling.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.facebook.com/VowsAmongTheVinesBridalShowAtCassinelliWinery">http://www.facebook.com/VowsAmongTheVinesBridalShowAtCassinelliWinery</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards