Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Photographer under $150 an hour with no min # of hours?

I am looking for a photographer for 4-5 hrs, for less than $150 an hour. My total budget for bridal and wedding is $600. Know anyone?? Please send me sites...!

TIffany_UTA@hotmail.com 
Tiffany G, CPA

Re: Photographer under $150 an hour with no min # of hours?

• edited December 2011
    You need to check out our vendor sticky.  There are plenty of recommendations up there.

I don't know of any professionals whose prices are so low.  You might check out students or photographers who don't typically do weddings (a friend of mine hired a nature photographer for her wedding in MO).
    Anniversary

• Tiffany_UTATiffany_UTA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im open to someone who has a side business. "extreme hobbyist". I do photo shoots on the side, but I can't do my own wedding!

Tiffany G, CPA
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd rather have someone who can't afford to advertise because their prices will be more in line with what I want to spend.
    Tiffany G, CPA
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Evan Godwin has a 4-5 hour package for $675.  I would forego bridals and concentrate on finding a decent wedding photographer.  You are going to be hard pressed to find anyone for that price.
    http://www.evangodwinphotography.com/

ETA:  Here is another guy just starting out in weddings.  He's the husband of a former Knottie. 
    http://www.courtsgrinerphotography.com/

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perfect- thanks!
    Tiffany G, CPA
  • edited December 2011

Again, you should probably check with photography majors.  Vendors are not allowed to advertise on these boards, so you wouldn't really see anyone jumping in to sell their services.

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, Im looking for a recommendation, more than a vendor ad.....I know there are some budget people on here!

I do weddings for $600, so I thought there may be other bride/photogs like myself....

Thanks for all the ideas!!

Tiffany G, CPA
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-under-150-hour-min-of-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e1d25f57-0974-4412-ba83-4fb12b94244dPost:482722bc-7abd-440d-811c-f9ac74f63804">Re: Photographer under $150 an hour with no min # of hours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, Im looking for a recommendation, more than a vendor ad.....I know there are some budget people on here! I do weddings for $600, so I thought there may be other bride/photogs like myself.... Thanks for all the ideas!!
    Posted by Tiffany_UTA[/QUOTE]

Oh you'll hear from some I bet--they lurk.

Let us know how it all works out for you!  :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL. Well GOOD!!  That's what I would hope for. Seems like this board is a LOT more strict than it used to be when I was on here for my 1st wedding in 03/04. Everyone seems a little cautious about not "advertising", but if someone is looking for unique recs, why not?

Tiffany G, CPA
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-under-150-hour-min-of-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e1d25f57-0974-4412-ba83-4fb12b94244dPost:a2e2cfbd-f0e2-49c2-a74d-86d2f6406271">Re: Photographer under $150 an hour with no min # of hours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL. Well GOOD!!  That's what I would hope for. Seems like this board is a LOT more strict than it used to be when I was on here for my 1st wedding in 03/04. <strong>Everyone seems a little cautious about not "advertising</strong>",<strong> but if someone is looking for unique recs, why not?</strong>
    Posted by Tiffany_UTA[/QUOTE]

<div>I think because they're trying to keep the feel of a community, rather than having vendors over run the place. I know I would probably quit posting if it was like that. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:You might want to take your full name out of your sig. There are a lot of people who lurk on the boards and posting your full name makes it easy for people to find you  on FB or other avenues.</div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get it. Overt ads would bug me, but if i said, "hey this is what i am looking for, does anyone do it?" I would be more than happy to get people who fit that criteria. I guess, its a fine line.

Tiffany G, CPA
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI OP, the vendor sticky isn't an advertisement, it is a site put up by us knotties for vendors we have used and can recommend (or not recommend). It is on the front page of this community board- most aren't listed on TK Vendor list. 

You might also try weddingwire since vendors don't have to pay to be on there. 

I saw a wedding that was done by Photography by Katsi http://photographybykatsi.com/. She was in that price range- not sure on the # of hour minimum though. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used FB so long I want to "LIKE" posts... haha

Tiffany G, CPA
  • ***Waves***
    Hey Tiffany! I remember you from your first wedding! I was baylorbears2006 back then :)
  • Well, lucky for you, since you mentioned that you photograph weddings on the side and have included your email address, maybe you'll get some business from the boards.
    Sly advertising.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-under-150-hour-min-of-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e1d25f57-0974-4412-ba83-4fb12b94244dPost:a27c86b4-7926-48fb-aeec-d9294d3620a6">Re: Photographer under $150 an hour with no min # of hours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, lucky for you, since you mentioned that you photograph weddings on the side and have included your email address, maybe you'll get some business from the boards.<strong> Sly advertising.</strong>
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

<div>Nice catch lol.</div>
  • Courtski FTW
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards