Florida-North Florida

Be aware of "Simply Delicious" wedding cakes in Jacksonville, Fl

OMG! Do not use this Wedding Cake service! I was horrified when I saw the cake.  I could not believe it.  The cake decoratoring was very amateurish!  It looked like a kid’s birthday cake instead of a wedding cake. The colors were off.The icing was a mess.  The cake was soooo small. They said it could feed sixty people...well if you didn't save the top of the cake for your anniversary..maybe. The cake was leaning.You get charged for the use of the cake stand...and that was also defective and it looked it had seen better days. I seriously hope the Knot checks this place out before it offers any type of recommendation.  The only saving grace about this fiasco was the cake was delicious. It was red velvet with butter cream icing.  In my opinion, they really should stick to baking and get out of the wedding cake decorating business. Ladies don't get surprised on your wedding day! MOTB

Re: Be aware of "Simply Delicious" wedding cakes in Jacksonville, Fl

• edited December 2011
    Wow thanks for the info. So you didn't get a refund or anything?
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any pictures you could share?

Also, I would be demanding some type of compensation from them.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bblove10bblove10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that happened to you.  Were you able to view this cake vendor's portfolio at your consultation?  Did her pictures look similar?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards