Hawaii

Bride emergency kit!

Hi ladies,
Some of my Mom's friends at my shower sunday sugggested I have a bridal emergency kit for the day of the wedding! My Mom said she would make one for me and we would love to know what your "must" have suggestions are! Does anyone have any advice on this, anything you wish you would have included in your kit that you regret not bringing?
Thanks so much, getting so excited...we leave for Maui next Friday whoo hoo!!
Lees xxLaughing
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bride emergency kit!

• WOW Lees!  That's right around the corner.

I made a kit for my mom, MIL, and my sister, the MOH.  Here's what I had in theirs:
    - Kleenex
    - Hand lotion
    - Needle and neutral colored thread
    - Bandaids
    - Advil
    - Chapstick
    - Safety pins

For me, I had a giant tote bag that I left inside the main house on the property.  Mine had:
    - A pill box of Advil, Benedryl, Claritin
    - Sewing kit
    - Bandaids
    - Lots of bug wipes
    - Topical anti-itch cream
    - Extra lip color
    - Flip flops, in case my wedges got uncomfortable
    - Safety pins
    - Redness removing and hydrating eye drops (in case of crying!)
    - Sunscreen

I pretty much carry most of those things on a daily basis so it was just about gathering them around the house.  I was recently at a wedding where the bride broke out in hives, and she was so glad I had told her to stuff a tube of hydrocortizone in her bag.  Some people break out due to stress, others food, and you just want to be safe!
  • Wow! Tanq has a very exhaustive list! I didn't have an emergency bag and luckily didn't have any emergencies but I definitely love the idea of better safe than sorry.
  • Not so much as in the Emergency Kit but at the last min. I put together a small ice chest for the bridal and groom get ready rooms for my daughters wedding.  It had water, soda, fruit and granola bars. It turn out that the heat was stuck on in the guys room and this came in very handy. Also the bm got nervous and it was good for them to have a little snack before hand. 
  • I know Tanq, I can't believe it either!! 14 days now and counting whop!!
    Thanks so much for the advice you guys..sewing kit & eye drops..and snacks...good call!
    I also found some ideas on Martha Stewart! ;)
    http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/226968/wedding-day-emergency-kit
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd add wet wipes, & a stain stick to that list. Definitely needle & thread. My mom was sewing one of the bridesmaids hooks minutes b/f we ran out the door for pictures. So that is a must! IMO due to my experience.
  • Ditto the snacks! I forgot to eat lunch and was STARVING by the time the reception rolled around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards