Outdoor Weddings
Options

XP: Aisle and Alter Suggestions

Hi Ladies! I posted this on the budget board, but I thought outdoor might be a better fit. FI and I are planning a smaller backyard wedding. I have opted out of setting up rows of chairs for the ceremony and have decided that guest will be seated at their tables during the ceremony and the aisle will run through the tables and has to curve slightly. I didn't like the idea of having to move a bunch of chairs immediately after the ceremony so that guests have seating available for the reception. (It's not in our budget to rent 100 extra chairs.) My question is since the aisle will have to curve slightly through the tables what is the best way define it? I'm not sure an aisle runner will do the trick since the aisle curves. Do you have any idea? Also the "alter" will be in front of a beautiful flower garden. We don't want to use a traditional arch, but wish to define the alter in someway. Do you have any suggestions or ideas? I was thinking of a couple shepherds hooks with flowers pots hanging from them? Would that look too cheesy? Thanks for your ideas and help.

Edit: It will be taking place on grass and I suppose ALTER isn't the best word to use since where the ceremony will be taking place isn't raised in anyway.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 262 Invited image 38 Attending image 5 Declined image 219 Unknown
RSVP Date August 1st

Re: XP: Aisle and Alter Suggestions

• Options
    We are using tissue paper pomanders to line the aisle with shepherd's hooks. I think that would awesome for your situation as well.
  • Options
    I would definitely go with rose petals for the aisle. You can place them however you want them and it's a beautiful way to define the aisle. I t doesn't have to be extremely thick either, spreading the petals out more sparingly would save money and still be very pretty. You could do big urns filled with flowers and plants (herbs or ferns), and even some branches to define the alter.
    I'm married!
  • Options
    can you drape a sash or something from table to table on either side of the aisle? or sheperds hooks, and hanging votives?
    For the alter, how about floor standing candlesticks on either side? Depending on time it would look funny for a 1pm ceremony, and they can be gotten at thrift stores, craft stores or rented.
    or if their are trees can you hang garlands of paper circles, thres a pic of that floating around somewhere, or some other garland?
    Or if you go for flower petals, you could line either side of the aisle with them and candles, then have the lines of petals curve out to form a circle around the "alter" area.

• Options
    I like everyone's ideas about the flower petals and shepherds hooks, with something hanging, down the aisle.... Plus that way you can connect your alter to your aisle by using the same design around you, as you say your vows.

That is actually what we have decided to do because the aisle is so long and a runner the entire way would look odd... However, I never thought of the sheperd's hooks idea, so thanks everyone!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards